Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
Epg For Locals
Posted 04 April 2007 - 05:44 AM
Posted 04 April 2007 - 01:15 PM
I have a vip622 and don't subscribe to locals but would love to have the EPG include information on my OTA channels.
Posted 04 April 2007 - 03:38 PM
For the record, I used to get the guide data (on my 921) from the day that HSN was mirrored to ch 84 until the recent software update that was the "fix" for the early daylight savings time change. L278 was the best overall software version I ever had - not just because it gave me guide data - but because the 921 was the most stable it has ever been. L330 & L331 (the DST fix and the fix for the DST fix) have been nightmares!
Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:26 PM
1. I had no intention of subscribing to DISH locals when digital OTA signals were available for free (all of my locals broadcast from a relatively close location).
2. The EPG information was still available for the analog stations which made their eliminating the digital OTA EPG information only somewhat odd.
3. I considered the elimination of the digital OTA EPG information an underhanded attempt to get me to purchase something I didn't want, this caused me to consider DirectTV again as a source.
Hope this helps!
Posted 05 April 2007 - 05:39 PM
Yes it does. Thanks!
Hope this helps!
BTW: did you send this to a specific person, or just the generic "CEO@Echostar.com"?
Posted 05 April 2007 - 05:48 PM
4/4/2007: 1004 Software Version P3.86 for DP381
Effective Thursday, April 5th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version P3.86 for the DP381 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time P3.84, and P3.86 will be the valid software versions for the DP381.
Posted 05 April 2007 - 06:06 PM