Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Epg For Locals

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JoeMobile

JoeMobile

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 05:44 AM

:) I had the EPG info restored for my digital OTA locals yesterday. Not sure if this was DISH wide or the result of an email I sent them complaining that they were trying to get me to pay for something I didn't want and were providing me for analog channels.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   GeorgeIoak

GeorgeIoak

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 01:15 PM

What receiver do you have? Do you subscribe to locals though DN or are you only using your OTA for locals?

I have a vip622 and don't subscribe to locals but would love to have the EPG include information on my OTA channels.

#3 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 03:38 PM

Please, provide the exact wording of your e-mail to E*. If it worked for you perhaps it will work for the rest of us who do not subscribe to LIL's.

For the record, I used to get the guide data (on my 921) from the day that HSN was mirrored to ch 84 until the recent software update that was the "fix" for the early daylight savings time change. L278 was the best overall software version I ever had - not just because it gave me guide data - but because the 921 was the most stable it has ever been. L330 & L331 (the DST fix and the fix for the DST fix) have been nightmares!
An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#4 OFFLINE   JoeMobile

JoeMobile

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:26 PM

I have an 811 receiver and do not subscribe to DISH locals. Unfortuantely I do not have a verbatim copy of my email. Below are the points I made:

1. I had no intention of subscribing to DISH locals when digital OTA signals were available for free (all of my locals broadcast from a relatively close location).

2. The EPG information was still available for the analog stations which made their eliminating the digital OTA EPG information only somewhat odd.

3. I considered the elimination of the digital OTA EPG information an underhanded attempt to get me to purchase something I didn't want, this caused me to consider DirectTV again as a source.

Hope this helps!

#5 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 05:39 PM

Hope this helps!

Yes it does. Thanks!

BTW: did you send this to a specific person, or just the generic "CEO@Echostar.com"?
An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#6 OFFLINE   Mikey

Mikey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 05:48 PM

New firmware?

4/4/2007: 1004 Software Version P3.86 for DP381

Effective Thursday, April 5th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version P3.86 for the DP381 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time P3.84, and P3.86 will be the valid software versions for the DP381.

#7 OFFLINE   JoeMobile

JoeMobile

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 06:06 PM

I just checked and my software has been upgraded to P3.86 (don't know when it was upgraded) - wonder if my email got me a quicker upgrade :)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...