Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Local channel CC lockups

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   smackman

smackman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 430 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 07:03 AM

I have had my 622 lock up twice whan watching the show 24 on Fox HD. I had recorded this show then started watching it with CC and after about 5 minutes it locks up and goes thru a soft reboot. After it reboots it will lock up in the same place over and over again unless you remove the CC feature.This has happened 2 times. Take off the CC and it does not lock up. This has never happened to me except on FOX HD to which I subscribe to thru Dish. If this is a repeat question I apologize in advance but has anyone else had this problem with Fox HD CC? I still have 3.66 and have dealt with the usual problems with workarounds found thru reading threads on this website. I have a work around for this which is not to watch it in Closed Caption. It does not lock up with CC on the show 24 every week.
Smackman THE KING OF SMACK: Dish Customer since 2000
VIP 722

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   capa

capa

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 08:33 AM

I have had my 622 lock up twice whan watching the show 24 on Fox HD. I had recorded this show then started watching it with CC and after about 5 minutes it locks up and goes thru a soft reboot. After it reboots it will lock up in the same place over and over again unless you remove the CC feature.This has happened 2 times. Take off the CC and it does not lock up. This has never happened to me except on FOX HD to which I subscribe to thru Dish. If this is a repeat question I apologize in advance but has anyone else had this problem with Fox HD CC? I still have 3.66 and have dealt with the usual problems with workarounds found thru reading threads on this website. I have a work around for this which is not to watch it in Closed Caption. It does not lock up with CC on the show 24 every week.

Hi: this problem happens to me every time with all locals in HD and occasionally with ESPN HD live events, I submited this same problem in this forum and it was supposed to be fixed in the new 401, but in the same forum they say it is a problem of transmission of the signal with the MPEG4 , I dont know but I am certain that is a problem that dish must fix , CC is necessary and is in the law.:mad:

#3 OFFLINE   dreslism

dreslism

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:51 AM

Hi: this problem happens to me every time with all locals in HD and occasionally with ESPN HD live events, I submited this same problem in this forum and it was supposed to be fixed in the new 401, but in the same forum they say it is a problem of transmission of the signal with the MPEG4 , I dont know but I am certain that is a problem that dish must fix ,

CC is necessary and is in the law.:mad:

Yeah, don't get me started on that. I have been fighting with them since September '06 (The day I got dish) to get CC working on local HD channels(mpeg4), and now that more channels are being added (like A&EHD) they are coming in mpeg4 also and all mpeg4 channels have the CC issue also.)

:mad: :mad:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...