Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sw Version For New 622's ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Eagles

Eagles

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 12:52 PM

My second 622 is scheduled to arrive on Monday the 9th. Just wondering what software version is Dish pushing to these newly activated receivers at this time, 3.66 or 4.01?
EAGLES

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,093 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 01:10 PM

The last that P Smith reported, L4.01 was in the stream (for targeted receivers which I believe includes new installs).

I don't know if L3.66 is still up there or not.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   Mr.72

Mr.72

Icon

• Registered
  • 564 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 01:23 PM

so how does this work? 4.01 is only in the stream for a certain range of serial numbers. If they are sequential, then the newer receivers would not be covered (since they are the highest numbers). Do these things come pre-loaded with any software? If so, then that's what'll be on it, I would guess, unless somehow the serial number was in the range of what 4.01 covers.

clear as mud, eh? i guess this is what happens when "full phase" is aka "only for some serial numbers" and they pull the plug on a release after they already removed the previous release.

is there any code streaming out there for ALL 622s?
Sling-enabled Hopper, Joey, RokuXD, coupla HDTVs, a real old DD5.1 receiver and a 1963 Fisher tube hifi

#4 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,093 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 01:35 PM

E* sends out what amounts to an IF ... THEN statement ...
IF your receiver is running a matching software ...
and your receiver has a matching bootstrap/buildconfig ...
and your receiver is in a serial number range or a specific serial number list ...
THEN your receiver is targeted (turn both TV1 and TV2 off and get the download).

The last I saw from P Smith, L4.01 was streaming for all 622s that were running L040 through L365. That would be new receivers running the dummy software that installers use to set up the system through boxes that didn't take the L3.66 upgrade a few weeks ago.
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#5 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,966 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 06 April 2007 - 01:42 PM

If you could take a look here and there, then you'll find yourself in same as JL position ;).

so how does this work? 4.01 is only in the stream for a certain range of serial numbers. If they are sequential, then the newer receivers would not be covered (since they are the highest numbers). Do these things come pre-loaded with any software? If so, then that's what'll be on it, I would guess, unless somehow the serial number was in the range of what 4.01 covers.

clear as mud, eh? i guess this is what happens when "full phase" is aka "only for some serial numbers" and they pull the plug on a release after they already removed the previous release.

is there any code streaming out there for ALL 622s?

Definitly all the posts and WHOLE thread belong to this one !
How many ppl left with same question who did not open new thread yet ?!

#6 OFFLINE   Mr.72

Mr.72

Icon

• Registered
  • 564 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 01:52 PM

well the missing piece of info for me is what is the version number of the "dummy" software that comes on new 622s.
Sling-enabled Hopper, Joey, RokuXD, coupla HDTVs, a real old DD5.1 receiver and a 1963 Fisher tube hifi

#7 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,093 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 02:46 PM

I seem to remember getting L065 or something like that.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...