Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

SNY in HD On Ch 388?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   drillhead

drillhead

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 01:23 PM

The dishchannel chart (EKB on DBSTalk) shows ch 388 (61.6 sat) as carrying SNY in HD. Is this true? If so, I guess I "didn't get the memo"! Thanks for any info...

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 01:32 PM

EKB shows which channels are uplinked as well as available to customers. SNY was uplinked some time ago. It is not yet available to customers.

#3 OFFLINE   saltrek

saltrek

Godfather

• Registered
  • 260 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 01:34 PM

The little note (1) in the box to right means that the channel is not yet available. The channel has only been uplinked at this point.

#4 OFFLINE   rbaggio00

rbaggio00

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 02:12 PM

so does that mean that we are close on getting SNY HD

#5 OFFLINE   colavsfaninnwia

colavsfaninnwia

Godfather

• Registered
  • 292 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 02:58 PM

so does that mean that we are close on getting SNY HD

Depends on your definition of "close." I believe the channel has been uplinked for about 2-3 months now. The sports network "Yes" has been uplinked on 2 different occasions. I believe the Yes network is as far away from E* as it ever has. No one knows when or if E* will carry SNY-HD except for possibly Charlie, and he may not even know that one.

#6 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,346 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 02:58 PM

Not really. It just means that E* engineering is playing with the system. The correct content may not even be uplinked on those channels. Just a pointer that may go nowhere and possibly some guide information.

With the recent HD RSN press release I would expect no new RSNs for a while. If SNY HD comes be surprised like the rest of us ...
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

spam firewall