Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

My RSN - Dish Listing Doesn't Match TV Guide/Titan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dclaryjr

dclaryjr

Godfather

• Registered
  • 387 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:31 PM

I sure hope someone can give me an explanation for what is going on now. I just tried tuning to 416 which is listed as FoxSW which I assume to be Fox Sports Southwest which is my regional RSN. The program guide shows the current selection as a Mavericks basketball game followed by a Mavericks post game show. The game is NOT available to me. Meanwhile when I check my newspaper, the TV Guide and TitanTV online, it shows FSN showing a Houston Astros game followed by an Astro postgame show. I'm stumped!!
Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX
http://davidclary.com
HR24-200
HR21-100
H-23 x 2
JVC 56FN70 1080P LCOS
37" 1080P Sharp Aquos)
Two old TVs to be replaced with HD by end of year
Overpriced AV with psuedo-surround

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mikey

Mikey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:49 PM

It's the Mavericks. I can see it here in OKC on 416. Enter your zipcode at dish.fxep.com to see if the Mavericks claim your area as their home territory . If not (Corpus might be Rockets or Spurs country), the game will be blacked out there.

edit: I just checked the zip (78419) for Corpus Christi NAS, and it shows that it is not Mavs country, it's Spurs country. That's why the Mavs are blacked out.

#3 OFFLINE   dclaryjr

dclaryjr

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 387 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:57 PM

It's the Mavericks. I can see it here in OKC on 416. Enter your zipcode at dish.fxep.com to see if the Mavericks claim your area as their home territory . If not (Corpus might be Rockets or Spurs country), the game will be blacked out there.

That may be true but all our local listings say it should be an Astros game. I called my son's house, who is still on cable, and my daughter-in-law said there wasn't basketball on Fox sports NEt. I just got off the phone with a CSR and that didn't help. Something is screwy.

I'm heading over to my son's house right now to see what is actually on and if the channel is identified as Fox Sports Southwest.
HR24-200
HR21-100
H-23 x 2
JVC 56FN70 1080P LCOS
37" 1080P Sharp Aquos)

#4 OFFLINE   Mikey

Mikey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:03 PM

The teams you'll see depend on your zipcode. Check here. Click on the team name to see the zipcode list.

#5 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,754 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:08 PM

That may be true but all our local listings say it should be an Astros game. I called my son's house, who is still on cable, and my daughter-in-law said there wasn't basketball on Fox sports NEt. I just got off the phone with a CSR and that didn't help. Something is screwy.

I'm heading over to my son's house right now to see what is actually on and if the channel is identified as Fox Sports Southwest.

Astros game was on FSN Houston tonight not FSN Southwest. The Houston teams now have their separate branded RSN that being FSN Houston. Started last season I believe.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#6 OFFLINE   dclaryjr

dclaryjr

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 387 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:24 PM

edit: I just checked the zip (78419) for Corpus Christi NAS, and it shows that it is not Mavs country, it's Spurs country. That's why the Mavs are blacked out.

I can understand that but that doesn't explain what I described in my original post. We're supposed to be getting an Astros baseball game. I just got back from my son's house and on FoxSW they are showing poker at the moment--not Mavericks. So it sounds like even within the FoxSW viewing area, different viewers get different programming. So why is Dish not showing me what my son is watching three blocks away when we both have Fox Sports Southwest?
HR24-200
HR21-100
H-23 x 2
JVC 56FN70 1080P LCOS
37" 1080P Sharp Aquos)

#7 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Registered
  • 684 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 10:02 PM

I can understand that but that doesn't explain what I described in my original post. We're supposed to be getting an Astros baseball game. I just got back from my son's house and on FoxSW they are showing poker at the moment--not Mavericks. So it sounds like even within the FoxSW viewing area, different viewers get different programming. So why is Dish not showing me what my son is watching three blocks away when we both have Fox Sports Southwest?

Dish net has not given FSN Houston a channel yet. As of now, all FSN Houston programming will be seen in the "ALT" channels. You have, we all have for that matter, the MAIN FSN SW feed on the 416 channel, any 'other' programming, such as the stros, would be seen on 1 of the ALT channels. Anotherwords, you didnt look at your program guide good enough. You would of seen the Astros game somewhere between channel 444 & 453. Not sure about the pre & post games though.

#8 OFFLINE   dclaryjr

dclaryjr

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 387 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 10:35 PM

Dish net has not given FSN Houston a channel yet. As of now, all FSN Houston programming will be seen in the "ALT" channels. You have, we all have for that matter, the MAIN FSN SW feed on the 416 channel, any 'other' programming, such as the stros, would be seen on 1 of the ALT channels. Anotherwords, you didnt look at your program guide good enough. You would of seen the Astros game somewhere between channel 444 & 453. Not sure about the pre & post games though.

I think I may have an idea of what happened in my case. If you look at the schedule here:
http://msn.foxsports...dule?statsId=18
it shows that the game on FSMW. So I'm wondering if Time Warner is able to draw on other regions to show games for local teams. But this still doesn't explain why the online listings like TV Guide and TitanTV showed the Astros as being on 416.

Tomorrow will be interesting--the schedule above shows the Astros as being on FOXSW. We'll see.
HR24-200
HR21-100
H-23 x 2
JVC 56FN70 1080P LCOS
37" 1080P Sharp Aquos)

#9 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Registered
  • 684 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 10:40 PM

Tommroow there are TWO channels showing the Cards/stros One of these should work for you: Channel 448 and 449.

and no, FSN SW cannot show feeds from other FSN affiliates. Those affiliates only have rights to their games in their regions only.

#10 OFFLINE   dclaryjr

dclaryjr

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 387 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 11:04 PM

Tommroow there are TWO channels showing the Cards/stros One of these should work for you: Channel 448 and 449.

Thanks--It looks like I'll be able to see 449--448 gives me the locked-out symbol when I press info. But it doesn't look like I'll need to do so. It's showing in the guide as available to me on 416.

and no, FSN SW cannot show feeds from other FSN affiliates. Those affiliates only have rights to their games in their regions only.

Well not exactly what I said. I said Time-Warner is able to get the game and show it locally. So they must have the ability to get a "sports alternate" feed and play that on their FSN channel even though the channel is labeled FSNSW.

BTW, I have an install tomorrow--I'm getting a Dish1000 in hopes that I'll be able get the HD feed of FoxSW on 129. But after looking at the Sports in HDTV page, it doesn't look like it's going to do me much good. They show nothing in HD in the two week schedule. There's lots of other RSNs showing HD but of course I won't be able to view those.
HR24-200
HR21-100
H-23 x 2
JVC 56FN70 1080P LCOS
37" 1080P Sharp Aquos)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...