Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
Posted 08 April 2007 - 06:47 PM
As long as I have your attention (:>)), I seem to get a lot of differences in the audio levels between channels AND on the same channel. For example, watching the Masters and then 60 minutes. Had to crank up the volume on my A/V unit a lot in order to hear 60 minutes. I checked out the volume through the HDMI TV connection and had the same situation.
Also, what should the signal strength be the 119 degree satelite? I'm getting 90+ on the others but the best transponder on 119 only gets about 60?
I spent a lot of time lurking with this group before committing to the HR-20 and you guys were instrumental in making my decision to go for it. Thanks for all the awesome advice.
Posted 09 April 2007 - 12:30 AM
Not sure about your lost audio problem, but let me take a stab at your other questions ....
1. The differences in audio levels seems to be just the way things are with digital TV these days. On some stations the commercials will be much louder than the program, a problem that goes back a few decades With HDTV and DD5.1 audio, the audio levels can vary all over the place. Just keep your remote handy.
2. Your 119-deg satellite readings are too low. You should have 80-90's, just like the other satellites. A few of the "spot beam" transponders will be low or zero, so that's normal. Is this a new install? Best to get the original installer back to tweak the alignment a bit.
Posted 11 April 2007 - 04:34 PM
Posted 11 April 2007 - 05:13 PM
Thanks for the response. Looks like I'll have to get the installer back out to improve 119. Probably a dumb question, but what channels are delivered through the 119 degree satelite (Locals, National, HD, etc) ???
Mostly local SD channels, ParaTodos Spanish channels, and a few HDTV channels.
Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:45 AM