Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Audio Dropout when playing back HD Content

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jtendler

jtendler

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 10:30 AM

Recently I am experiencing audio drop-out when watching records HD Programs; for instance when my wife watchs American Idol or Dancing with the Stars, she will need to fast forward at times 5-10 minutes of programming for sound to come back. Then usually it will play fine, but sometimes she has to FF again.

I had that same experience this weekend when watching MLS Soccer on HDNET.

We live in the Denver-Metro area!

ANY CLUES / IDEAS / SUGGESTIONS:nono2:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jeffgian

jeffgian

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 08:19 AM

I am having audio dropouts (5 seconds) on random (HD and SD) recorded DVR shows ONLY. Live programming does not have this problem. I received a replacement receiver from DirectTV, still having the same problem? I have the HR20-700. I will be on the phone with Support again today!

#3 OFFLINE   Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser

Hall Of Fame

• Super Moderators
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:25 AM

Welcome to DBSTalk jeffgian, but you posted your issue with your DirectTV HR20-700 in a Dish Network ViP622 forum. If you are looking for help with your DirectTV HR20-700 please check out this forum: http://www.dbstalk.c...splay.php?f=112

jtendler, can you provide anymore information, i.e. what are you using for sound? TOSLink? HDMI? RCA? When you say you have to FF/REW for 5 minutes does this mean if you don't you'll have no sound that entire time and then afterwards it comes back after about 5 minutes? If you go back to that section does is always have no audio?

Most of the audio issues I've read/seen lately are very quick dropouts, or a simple skip back or forward will restore it and you can go back to the part you missed audio for and it will play fine.

I actually had an instance of where I lost audio on an HD recording for about 5 - 7 minutes a couple weeks ago. Nothing I did restored it and I figured it was bad source material and not the DVR since it was something I have never seen before or since. I've always been able to restore audio loss in the past.
Rob

DISH Hopper, Hopper w/Sling, & Joey User

Protected By... spam firewall...And...