Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DMA: Las Vegas, Nevada

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jostanton

jostanton

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:21 PM

KVCW-DT (CW) channel 33-1 has the information for channel 39-1 (Telemundo) Totally incorrect! The information for these channels is correct on D* receivers
[LIST]
[*]# Channel Network EPG

3-1 KVBC-HD NBC Yes
3-2 KVBC-WX Yes
5-1 KVVU-HD FOX Yes
5-2 KVVU-WX Yes
8-1 KLAS-HD CBS Yes
8-2 LATV Yes
10-1 KLVX-HD PBS Yes
10-2 KLVX-SD PBS Yes
10-3 KLVX-Create PBS Yes
13-1 KTNV-HD ABC Yes
13-2 KTNV-Traffic Yes
15-1 KINC-SD Uni Yes
15-2 KINC-SD Tele Yes
21-1 KVMY-HD MYTV Yes
33-1 KVCW-HD CW No
39-1 KBLR-SD Tele Yes

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   jostanton

jostanton

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 08:35 PM

After contacting the engineers at KLVX, I was able to get an answer as to why PBS HD 10-1 has no guide data on Dish. The engineers contacted Tribune Media Services. They were told that Dish will only pay to have the local KLVX -SD guide information published. They will not pay the additional charge to have the KLVX-HD guide information. This is rather upseting as I feel we as paying subscribers to Dish HD should get this information.

#3 OFFLINE   ippy

ippy

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:51 PM

what kind of antenna cant get in 8,13or 21 in hd and where in vegas?

#4 OFFLINE   Cokeswigga

Cokeswigga

Legend

• Registered
  • 167 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 02:36 PM

what kind of antenna cant get in 8,13or 21 in hd and where in vegas?

I went to radio shack and got the largest antenna they sell ... it's a UHF/VHF

put it up in the attic of my friends house (out in the FAR north side of vegas)
and he is able to get all the local channels OTA. I think it was the 80" 32-element antenna for like $60
-Dave

D500-110,D1000-119, 76cm-129, D500-148, 622, 510, 301

#5 OFFLINE   ippy

ippy

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 03:10 PM

ok thanks i live in henderson

#6 OFFLINE   jostanton

jostanton

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 08:02 PM

Be careful, in Henderson. You are close to the transmitters and you will want to use a smaller antenna. If you live too close to Black Mountain, or up in the Anthem/7 hills area, you are likely to not receive some channels.

#7 OFFLINE   ippy

ippy

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 02:06 PM

iam finding that out, no hd 8 or 13. cant wait for hd locals on dish haha funnny funny maybe before i die.

#8 OFFLINE   jostanton

jostanton

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:29 AM

Just added, KLVX 10-1 now has Guide info. However the guide infor is still incorrect for KVCW 33-1. The still have the info for spanish station KBLR.

#9 OFFLINE   RF 2 HiDef

RF 2 HiDef

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 06:06 PM

iam finding that out, no hd 8 or 13. cant wait for hd locals on dish haha funnny funny maybe before i die.

Hello Ippy,

I feel your pain. I live in the anthem highlands area, which makes it virtually impossible to pick up all the OTA channels. Depending on which part of Henderson you live in, you may be able to use 2 antennas, connected to a combiner hooked up to your box. There are 2 mountain top locations for OTA transmitters. They are Black Mountain and Arden Peak. Arden peak is located above Anthem Country club, which is southwest of Black Mountain. Try that if you are tired of waiting for E* to provide HD locals here. If you can see both locations from your house, you have a good chance. Hope this info is helpful, good luck.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...