Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NHL Playoffs on Versus in HD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
112 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mtm2649

mtm2649

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 05:04 PM

Does anyone now if Directv plans on putting the NHL Playoffs on Versus in HD. They did it all year on Channel 95 but now my guide is showing baseball on Channel 95 instead of the NHL Playoffs. I am sick of Directv.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   cariera

cariera

Icon

• Registered
  • 862 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:25 PM

Does anyone now if Directv plans on putting the NHL Playoffs on Versus in HD. They did it all year on Channel 95 but now my guide is showing baseball on Channel 95 instead of the NHL Playoffs. I am sick of Directv.

It looks like the Stars v. Canucks game is scheduled tonight at 10p est on channnel 95.

#3 OFFLINE   eengert

eengert

Legend

• Registered
  • 241 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:31 PM

I'm not sure, but it's pretty embarrassing how unaware D* seems to be. I emailed them today about it and also asked about blackout rules for MSG (627) for the Sabres during the playoffs. Their ridiculous response was that I no longer receive MSG as an RSN. I responded letting them know that I was currently watching MSG, so they should be more careful in their responses so as not to lose all credibility. Needless to say, I didn't get an intelligent answer on the Versus HD question. But judging from the guide, it doesn't appear that they will be carrying any NHL games in HD at least during the first round. That decision is unbelievable to me, especially since they carried all the Versus HD regular season games. Now when the games really count they're going to drop the HD feed for the first week of baseball! There's 150+ games remaining in the MLB season, for crying out loud! How could these early season games possibly be more meaningful than playoff hockey?! I wish someone with more sense were making these decisions. It's very painful waiting through these few years while D* bumbles it's way through getting more meaningful HD content to our TVs. Let's hope they get their act together at least by the start of the second round.
- Eric

---------------------------------------------
D* Equipment:
2 - HR20-700's
8-ch SWM

Televisions:
50" Sony SXRD (xbr1)
32" JVC SD CRT

AVR:
Denon AVR 2307CI

Other Components:
Slingbox AV
Toshiba HD-A2 HD-DVD Player
Playstation 3 (60Gb)

#4 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,453 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:07 PM

It is on Channel 95 now but I get the "Channel No Purchased" screen. I have a CI subscription, but I think the game is via VS.

UPDATE: They just turned it on.

H44-200 - Samsung 1080p 46" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Samsunbg 32" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Mitsubishi 1080p 57" DLP - HDMI - Pioneer Home Theater Sound

LG 20 LCD" & Viewsonic 17" HDTV LCD - Component via Cat 6 baluns from HR44-200
Slimline w/ SWM3 LNB. OTA master antenna system to all sets.

#5 OFFLINE   mtm2649

mtm2649

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:22 PM

I'm not sure, but it's pretty embarrassing how unaware D* seems to be. I emailed them today about it and also asked about blackout rules for MSG (627) for the Sabres during the playoffs. Their ridiculous response was that I no longer receive MSG as an RSN. I responded letting them know that I was currently watching MSG, so they should be more careful in their responses so as not to lose all credibility. Needless to say, I didn't get an intelligent answer on the Versus HD question. But judging from the guide, it doesn't appear that they will be carrying any NHL games in HD at least during the first round. That decision is unbelievable to me, especially since they carried all the Versus HD regular season games. Now when the games really count they're going to drop the HD feed for the first week of baseball! There's 150+ games remaining in the MLB season, for crying out loud! How could these early season games possibly be more meaningful than playoff hockey?! I wish someone with more sense were making these decisions. It's very painful waiting through these few years while D* bumbles it's way through getting more meaningful HD content to our TVs. Let's hope they get their act together at least by the start of the second round.

I called them using the retention number. They said that with their new HD baseball content that it takes priority over the NHL playoffs. When their is not a HD baseball game on, there will be NHL hockey on Channel 95. The pittsburgh game was not on 95, but the Dallas game is currently on 95. Also, tomorrow the guide is showing that the Detroit game will be on channel 95. For us SABRES fans, it looks like we get screwed on Saturday as the Atlanta Braves games in on channel 95 when we play. So at looks like a hit or miss. The said part is that the baseball game that they were showing was also available on Channel 731 even if you don't have the MLB extra innings cause it was the New York Mets and we get them locally. With the little space that they have for HD content, you think they wouldn't waste it by doubling up the same game. The guy did put a email through for me to that department and he asked them why they do not just show the Versus HD on 96 when they show baseball on 95. I am just as disappointed as you are with the lack of knowledge that Directv seems to have about the situation especially when all the regular season games were in HD when available. Watched the sabres twice in the last two weeks against Pittsburgh on 95 and the quality was excellent. Hopefully we get some NBC games in the next round or maybe game 3, 4, 5, or 6 will get showed on channel 95. GO SABRES!

#6 OFFLINE   purtman

purtman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 10:20 PM

The Stars-Canucks game came on, albeit late. I called and the kid tried to tell me something about being blacked out and not having the Center Ice package. Then he switched me to a tech who told me they did not have the game on 95. She said she would go check. As soon as she put me on hold, the game came on. She then came back and said that there are no games on 95. I told her I was now watching it.

#7 OFFLINE   howcouldthey

howcouldthey

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 11:28 PM

There is a hockey game on channel 99 right now. 1:26 AM Eastern time. I had purchased a HD movie online but when I went to watch it this was on. Called talked to cust support who sent me to tech 2 who claimed I would need to "call back tomorrow" because they didn't know what was going on. I just have to laugh at these people. I go from being furious with them to just shaking my head with disbelief.

#8 OFFLINE   packfan909

packfan909

Icon

• Registered
  • 869 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 11:36 PM

Apparently overtime is not included in their coverage either. No baseball on right now. I guess the crappiest baseball game gets more priority than playoff hockey. I can not wait for D10 to go up. If D* doesn't show later rounds or dare I say the conference and Stanley Cup finals in HD I will feel cheated. Hey does HDNet show playoff hockey?

pf

#9 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:22 AM

There is a hockey game on channel 99 right now. 1:26 AM Eastern time. I had purchased a HD movie online but when I went to watch it this was on. Called talked to cust support who sent me to tech 2 who claimed I would need to "call back tomorrow" because they didn't know what was going on. I just have to laugh at these people. I go from being furious with them to just shaking my head with disbelief.

Its still on! Its the OT of the Dallas Vs Vancouver game. 3rd OT.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#10 ONLINE   cforrest

cforrest

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 811 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:52 AM

Make that the 4th OT!

#11 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:57 AM

Make that the 4th OT!

I know great game isnt it?!!
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#12 ONLINE   cforrest

cforrest

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 811 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 01:02 AM

Amazing game, Dallas had the first 2 OT periods & VAN looked great this 3rd OT period. Looking forward to the 4th!

#13 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 01:03 AM

Glad Im retired or Id be dragging going into work in the morning. :D
Dan Sholtis

#14 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 01:13 AM

Helluva ending!!!
Dan Sholtis

#15 OFFLINE   howcouldthey

howcouldthey

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:55 AM

Didn't bother me that it was on. Bothered me that they didn't know what was going on and claim I "couldn't be" seeing what I was seeing.

#16 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,453 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:11 AM

I was on the phone with them, and they told me they were aware of something was wrong and were working on it. He then put me on hold, to check something, and just as he came back, on the phone, it came on.

I am sleepy today, wow, 3:30 finish. But the end result was what I wanted to see. Worth staying up for.

H44-200 - Samsung 1080p 46" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Samsunbg 32" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Mitsubishi 1080p 57" DLP - HDMI - Pioneer Home Theater Sound

LG 20 LCD" & Viewsonic 17" HDTV LCD - Component via Cat 6 baluns from HR44-200
Slimline w/ SWM3 LNB. OTA master antenna system to all sets.

#17 OFFLINE   drinkjack

drinkjack

Mentor

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:32 AM

Anyone else flip out when the game switched off at about 12:15 and there was some sort of countdown for a PPV movie. If I wasn't so tired I might of called directv. Instead just switched over to 608.

There is nothing like playoff hockey, just an incredible game last night.

#18 OFFLINE   keep amonte

keep amonte

Legend

• Registered
  • 202 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 03:32 PM

Count me in as one of the "The guide is full of SHI! for all Center Ice and any HD related hockey games" frustrated viewers. Last night was another prime example of the left not knowing what the right is doing. I fear it will be much more of the same for the playoffs!
God I miss the NHL on ESPN and NHL2night!
GO BLACKHAWKS!!!
GO IRISH!!!

#19 OFFLINE   anastasio24

anastasio24

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:13 PM

Once again they have screwed up. I am watching the Detroit vs. Calgary game on Vs. It is also listed on channel 95 in HD. Of course they are not showing it. Instead they are showing...nothing on 95.

What a joke. Can't wait until my contract is up.

#20 OFFLINE   sdk009

sdk009

Icon

• Registered
  • 649 posts
  • LocationStanislaus County Farmland

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:21 PM

The next time D*'s CSRs get there stories right, and Ch 95 actually carries what is listed on the EPG, will be the first.

spam firewall