Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NHL Playoffs on Versus in HD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
112 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   mtalhelm

mtalhelm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:25 PM

I am on the phone with a technician about 95
People need to call in for it to be a known issue so it can work through the system and get someone to turn 95 back on for hockey hd - I think someone fell asleep.
When I tuned to 95 at 7pm - it was lpga golf in sd and then went to the logo
Mikey T.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   anastasio24

anastasio24

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:26 PM

I saw the golf too. I too on on hold with them while they investigate.

#23 OFFLINE   mtalhelm

mtalhelm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:28 PM

I saw the golf too. I too on on hold with them while they investigate.

My guy actually said he was talking to another csr that was having the same discussion with another person = thats pretty cool

Anyway - he said there had to be 5 people to call in with this issue in order for it to be a known issue for them to get to work on it
Mikey T.

#24 OFFLINE   mtalhelm

mtalhelm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:34 PM

According to CSR - this is a Versus issue with Hd on 95

Trying to contact versus now
Mikey T.

#25 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,726 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:34 PM

http://www.dbstalk.c...8912#post908912

Posted here that its not showing up on some cable systems as well. Possible bigger problem.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#26 OFFLINE   anastasio24

anastasio24

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:38 PM

My genius CSR told me that even thought Vs. is a national channel and I can get the SD feed and I have the CI package that I can't get the game in HD because Detroit is not in my local market. Of course this hasn't stopped me from getting the HD feed all year and last year.

They really have no clue over there do they?

So much for being "A" list.

Sounds like I need to find a way to get a Star Choice dish...

#27 OFFLINE   mtalhelm

mtalhelm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:51 PM

UPDATE - Just got off the phone with Versus rep - D* decided not to play the game in HD tonight - it will be tomorrow night and Versus will post the correct scheduling on there web site

Wish D would tell there CSR's so they can tell us
Mikey T.

#28 OFFLINE   AaronF

AaronF

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:54 PM

Thanks for the update, I wish it were better news. I would have liked to see Detroit in HD tonight on 95.
Go Wings!!!
HR20-700, Samsung 46"LCD LN-s4696D, Sony 40" LCD, 5lnb slimline dish, Premier

#29 OFFLINE   mtalhelm

mtalhelm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:57 PM

Same here - was looking forward to HD RedWings style - glad I was home because I had it switched to record while watching the Tigers play
Mikey T.

#30 OFFLINE   anastasio24

anastasio24

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:59 PM

Can anyone explain how this is good for DirecTV and why they might make such a decision? I could possibly understand if they were showing anything else on 95. As a hockey fan, I am all too aware that the ratings stink. I could even deal with this just a little bit if they were showing baseball instead. But showing nothing in place of a game they could show in HD and likely show for no additional cost?

How does this make sense?

Can anyone tell me if this on HD on Comcast, Dish Network or any other US system?

#31 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,726 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:03 PM

It was mentioned on the other thread that neither D* OR E* are carrying Vs HD Hockey tonight or tomorrow.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#32 OFFLINE   anastasio24

anastasio24

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:09 PM

It was mentioned on the other thread that neither D* OR E* are carrying Vs HD Hockey tonight or tomorrow.

Anyone know if Comcast is showing this game in HD?

#33 OFFLINE   purtman

purtman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:20 PM

I just got off the phone with a CSR. She said that the HD programming in D* was cancelled. Last night the first game started late (because of the overlap from the MLB game) and tonight it was a cancellation of the NHL game, even though nothing else is on. Let's all make a lot of calls so that they get it straightened out. The more calls and more demands, the sooner they will start getting this correct.

#34 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,726 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:26 PM

I just got off the phone with a CSR. She said that the HD programming in D* was cancelled. Last night the first game started late (because of the overlap from the MLB game) and tonight it was a cancellation of the NHL game, even though nothing else is on. Let's all make a lot of calls so that they get it straightened out. The more calls and more demands, the sooner they will start getting this correct.

They're not even showing baseball tonight in HD apparently.
Dan Sholtis

#35 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:34 PM

Not DirecTV's fault at all.

VsGolf is the HD channel for Versus. They are showing Golf instead of the hockey game.

This was an issue with *all* providers. Dish, DirecTV and cable. They can't show the hockey game if the stupid channel is showing golf.

InHD *is* showing the Wings game in HD on some cable systems.

#36 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,465 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:05 PM

Not DirecTV's fault at all.

VsGolf is the HD channel for Versus. They are showing Golf instead of the hockey game.

What is VsGolf Channel? Never heard of that one before. Seen The Golf Channel and Versus, but not VsGolf. Don't even see anything on their web site about it.

H44-200 - Samsung 1080p 46" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Samsunbg 32" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Mitsubishi 1080p 57" DLP - HDMI - Pioneer Home Theater Sound

LG 20 LCD" & Viewsonic 17" HDTV LCD - Component via Cat 6 baluns from HR44-200
Slimline w/ SWM3 LNB. OTA master antenna system to all sets.

#37 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,726 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:26 PM

What is VsGolf Channel? Never heard of that one before. Seen The Golf Channel and Versus, but not VsGolf. Don't even see anything on their web site about it.

Its a new channel only a few months old...During the Day hours it will have golf programming. Past 7pm it will have Versus programming. It will be an HD channel. D* has an agreement to carry it after the birds go up.
Dan Sholtis

#38 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,465 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:42 PM

Its a new channel only a few months old...During the Day hours it will have golf programming. Past 7pm it will have Versus programming. It will be an HD channel. D* has an agreement to carry it after the birds go up.

Great, looking forward to that one.

#39 OFFLINE   islesfan

islesfan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,643 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:14 PM

Might be some, but they will always have to give for baseball, unfortunately. Tonight, they had a nice D* logo complete with elevator music for the Vs. HD game on 95. I think the logo was in HD, though.

Sony Bravia 55"
HR20-700
HR21-700
HDMI
HP Touchsmart IQ 846 (Windows 8) for DirecTV2PC and Media Share

GenieGO

iPhone 4S

iPad

#40 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,465 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:23 PM

Might be some, but they will always have to give for baseball, unfortunately. Tonight, they had a nice D* logo complete with elevator music for the Vs. HD game on 95. I think the logo was in HD, though.

Guess we will have to suffer, without much HD hockey playoff games, this year. I am sure once the two new birds are flying, bandwidth is not going to be an issue, for next year. I got both CI and EI, but would like to see more CI HD this time of the year. After Lord Stanley's Cup has been presented, then I will switch into baseball mode.

spam firewall