Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Vonage Issues with 4.03

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Vonage Connection Problems? (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Vonage Connection Problems?

1. Never an Issue (6 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

2. Worked with 3.66 (4 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

3. Problems with 3.66 (2 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

4. Worked with 4.01 (3 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

5. Problems with 4.01 (2 votes [9.09%])

6. Works with 4.03 (3 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

7. Problems with 4.03 (2 votes [9.09%])

Vote

#1 OFFLINE   Will Munshower

Will Munshower

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 01:28 PM

I posted this question in the 4.03 bugs thread. It was then buried by 6 pages in less than 24 hours. I figured a poll was the way to get some insight. With 3.66, I could connect with Vonage, without the *99 prefix or turning my bandwidth all the way up (I know that this achieves the same thing). Anyway, once I got 4.01, I was no longer able to connect. I called E* and they stated it would be fixed in 4.02. Well...I now have 4.03 and I am still unable to connect. I called E* back and they said that this was a known problem and that Engineering was working on it.

When I posted a similar question a few weeks back, I got mixed responses. Some had problems, some did not. I figured a poll may help me get some ideas. Please let me know your thoughts.
Neo took the red pill and so should you! Welcome to the real world.
Support HD DVD

My Gear:
Sony KDS-R60XBR2 SXRD Display
Onkyo TX-SR605
Echostar VIP 622 connected via HDMI and component
Toshiba HD-A35 HD DVD Player
D-Link DSM-520 Media Server
2.25 Terabyte Homemade NAS
Polk RT55i Fronts
Polk CSi5 Center Channel
Polk f/x 300i Surrounds
Velodyne CT-150 Subwoofer
Logitech Harmony 880 Remote to control it all

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ronimous

ronimous

AllStar

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 03:02 PM

I posted this question in the 4.03 bugs thread. It was then buried by 6 pages in less than 24 hours. I figured a poll was the way to get some insight. With 3.66, I could connect with Vonage, without the *99 prefix or turning my bandwidth all the way up (I know that this achieves the same thing). Anyway, once I got 4.01, I was no longer able to connect. I called E* and they stated it would be fixed in 4.02. Well...I now have 4.03 and I am still unable to connect. I called E* back and they said that this was a known problem and that Engineering was working on it.

When I posted a similar question a few weeks back, I got mixed responses. Some had problems, some did not. I figured a poll may help me get some ideas. Please let me know your thoughts.

No problems with Vonage and 3.66, and so far today, no problems with 4.03. I never had 4.01.

#3 OFFLINE   TechniKal

TechniKal

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 03:40 PM

I'm not using Vonage, but another voip provider using similar equipment. I haven't seen any issue with it dialing in with the new or old software.

#4 OFFLINE   Rovingbar

Rovingbar

Legend

• Registered
  • 188 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:59 PM

My Vonage connection seems to be working fine. Maybe there is an issue with your Vonage modem or your ISP.

Jeff

#5 OFFLINE   Will Munshower

Will Munshower

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:42 PM

My Vonage connection seems to be working fine. Maybe there is an issue with your Vonage modem or your ISP.

Jeff

Vonage works with my VIP 625 just fine. I even bypassed the "house wiring energize" that I did with my VoIP modem. The 622 just will not connect. It worked fine with 3.66 but since I appear to be the only one with the problem, maybe it's a modem issue that just happened to appear the exact day that 4.01 loaded. It's a mystery to me!

Regards...Will
Neo took the red pill and so should you! Welcome to the real world.
Support HD DVD

My Gear:
Sony KDS-R60XBR2 SXRD Display
Onkyo TX-SR605
Echostar VIP 622 connected via HDMI and component
Toshiba HD-A35 HD DVD Player
D-Link DSM-520 Media Server
2.25 Terabyte Homemade NAS
Polk RT55i Fronts
Polk CSi5 Center Channel
Polk f/x 300i Surrounds
Velodyne CT-150 Subwoofer
Logitech Harmony 880 Remote to control it all

#6 OFFLINE   articos

articos

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:29 PM

Will, my 625 also works fine - my 622 is tbd. Checks out fine with the test connection, but haven't done a dial out yet. The 622 diagnostic uploads both fail on vonage, but they've always been flaky for me. The normal, shorter dial out worked fine before; we'll see how it does next time it tries.

#7 OFFLINE   DishTim

DishTim

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:02 AM

I have had Vonage for over 3 years with absolutely no problems.
Dish Network Customer since 12/1996
1 Hopper and 1 Joey

Protected By... spam firewall...And...