Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

My neighbor's UHF remote is changing my channels

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   raananh

raananh

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 07:30 AM

My neighbor, next door, got a Dish Network system.

Now when he uses his UHF remote, it effect my system and, for example, he switch channels on my system or turn it off for me.

I have the 625 DVR with its matching UHF remote.

Is there a way to swithc to a different UHF channel for the remote and DVR so that this problem will go away?

Ron

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   scooper

scooper

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,719 posts
  • LocationYoungsville NC

Posted 13 April 2007 - 07:58 AM

RTFM - Yes there is a way to change to one of the other 15 addresses.
You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

#3 OFFLINE   BNUMM

BNUMM

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:21 AM

Now when he uses his UHF remote, it effect my system and, for example, he switch channels on my system or turn it off for me.

button and then select done
Is there a way to swithc to a different UHF channel for the remote and DVR so that this problem will go away?

Ron

Go to the system menu and highlight the #2 remote address. On the #2 remote push and hold the SAT button until all lights light up. Select a different number on the number buttons, push the # key, then push the Record button, then select done.

#4 OFFLINE   SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:50 AM

Go to the system menu and highlight the #2 remote address. On the #2 remote push and hold the SAT button until all lights light up. Select a different number on the number buttons, push the # key, then push the Record button, then select done.

Alternatively, just randomly push buttons on your UHF remote during prime time and your neighbor will forced to research how to change his remote's IR channel. :lol:

#5 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 12:52 PM

Alternatively, just randomly push buttons on your UHF remote during prime time and your neighbor will forced to research how to change his remote's IR channel. :lol:

That's the way a bubblehead deals with things alright :kisscheek

#6 OFFLINE   dave4100

dave4100

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 01:20 PM

I've got the same problem with my wifes cell phone changing channels. It only happens when watching an SD channel. If she answers the phone it changes to channel to the HBO HD channel. I have a 211 box and using a Harmony 720 remote. Any ideas?

#7 OFFLINE   dartonviper

dartonviper

Legend

• Registered
  • 201 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:18 PM

Ron

Get the #1 remote and hit MENU
Now
#6 system setup
#1 installation
#3 System info
Now Grab the #2 remote
Press and hold the sat button on the top left of your remote until all 4 lights light up
now press any number between 1 and 15 just not what the remote address for #2 says now.
Now press the # key at the bottom right of your remote
let the sat light flash 3 times (important)
Now hit the record button
make sure that the #2 remote address changed

Now you can take the #1 remote and cancel out of everything.
Good Luck

spam firewall