Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Recorded program to video capture

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dclaryjr

dclaryjr

Godfather

• Registered
  • 387 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:19 AM

When I had a SA8300 with TWC, it had a feature where it would output an analog signal for dumping to a VCR. I could watch something else while I was recording a program. Is there anyway to do this with the 622? Maybe by switching to single mode?
Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, TX
http://davidclary.com
HR24-200
HR21-100
H-23 x 2
JVC 56FN70 1080P LCOS
37" 1080P Sharp Aquos)
Two old TVs to be replaced with HD by end of year
Overpriced AV with psuedo-surround

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ChuckA

ChuckA

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:54 AM

You have three tuners to record from if you have an OTA antenna, otherwise you have two tuners. Record on one tuner and watch something on another tuner or watch a recorded program at the same time. There are lots of combinations depending on your configuration.
Receivers: ViP622 (dual mode), ViP722k (single mode), 311
Dish 1000
America's "Everything" Pack & HD
TV1: SONY 55" KDF-55WF655; HDMI & Components connections
OTA Antenna in attic
PocketDish AV700E

#3 OFFLINE   skyviewmark1

skyviewmark1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 367 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:30 AM

With your receiver in Dual mode, you can output TV2 to your Recorder while still watching TV1
Mark

Local Dealers always make good friends

2 Hopper 2000's - 2 Joey 1.0's - Dish 1000.4 WA
-------------------------------------
DirecTV HR20-700 - HR24-200 - DTV SWMLine LNB
Wildblue SM2000 and dish

#4 OFFLINE   anthonyi

anthonyi

Legend

• Registered
  • 122 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:33 AM

With your receiver in Dual mode, you can output TV2 to your Recorder while still watching TV1

But, if someone else is veiwing TV2 it will stop recording what you set it up to record.

#5 OFFLINE   skyviewmark1

skyviewmark1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 367 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:39 AM

Didn't say it was perfect.. Just the only way for a 622 to do what is wanted.. Have to keep people off the TV2 while this is going on. None of my receivers use the TV2 so I never have a problem with these little things. :)
Mark

Local Dealers always make good friends

2 Hopper 2000's - 2 Joey 1.0's - Dish 1000.4 WA
DirecTV HR20-700 - HR24-200 - DTV SWMLine LNB
Wildblue SM2000 and dish

#6 OFFLINE   dclaryjr

dclaryjr

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 387 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:52 AM

Didn't say it was perfect.. Just the only way for a 622 to do what is wanted.. Have to keep people off the TV2 while this is going on. None of my receivers use the TV2 so I never have a problem with these little things. :)

That's great--sounds doable!! I'm still a little confused on how the TV1/TV2 works. I know that while I'm watching and controlling TV1 from my living room with the IR remote, my grandkids are controlling TV2 from another room with the UHF remote. Now take the grandkids out of the picture. So is there a button on the remote that allows me to toggle between TV1 and TV2 on my living room set? And a related question--I've noticed that some of most of my timers are on TV2 but some end up on TV1. How does that happen and is it something I have control over? If "RTFM" is the appropriate answer then I'll do that when I get home, but I've found the documentation on the 622 to be less than clear. Thanks!
HR24-200
HR21-100
H-23 x 2
JVC 56FN70 1080P LCOS
37" 1080P Sharp Aquos)

#7 OFFLINE   dclaryjr

dclaryjr

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 387 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 06:48 PM

OK, I'm home and I've read the frickin manual, but I'm still unsure how this works. I can see on the back of the 622 that there are distinct anaolog outputs for the two tuners. So do I have to run to the second TV to start the timer playback so my video capture can start, and then return to the living room to watch TV1?
HR24-200
HR21-100
H-23 x 2
JVC 56FN70 1080P LCOS
37" 1080P Sharp Aquos)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...