Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Poll/Discussion: Did you lose your OTA with L4.03

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Did you lose your OTA channels with L4.03? (131 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you lose your OTA channels with L4.03?

1. Lost All channels and have not been able to get them back. (L366 to L403) (7 votes [5.34%])

Percentage of vote: 5.34%

2. Lost All channels and have not been able to get them back. (L401 to L403) (1 votes [0.76%])

Percentage of vote: 0.76%

3. Lost Some channels and have not been able to get them back. (L366 to L403) (5 votes [3.82%])

Percentage of vote: 3.82%

4. Lost Some channels and have not been able to get them back. (L401 to L403) (1 votes [0.76%])

Percentage of vote: 0.76%

5. Lost All channels and have been able to get them back. (L366 to L403) (3 votes [2.29%])

Percentage of vote: 2.29%

6. Lost All channels and have been able to get them back. (L401 to L403) (3 votes [2.29%])

7. Lost Some channels and have been able to get them back. (L366 to L403) (3 votes [2.29%])

8. Lost Some channels and have been able to get them back. (L401 to L403) (5 votes [3.82%])

Percentage of vote: 3.82%

9. Did not lose my OTA channels. (L366 to L403) (67 votes [51.15%])

Percentage of vote: 51.15%

10. Did not lose my OTA channels. (L401 to L403) (36 votes [27.48%])

Percentage of vote: 27.48%

Vote

#1 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:10 AM

As suggest... Here is an thread to detail your OTA experiences. Please include your DMA and details as to what you are seeing and the channels you lost.

For people who lost their OTA channels, one thing you might want to try:

1) Remove all your OTA channels that you current have added (Menu-6-9).
2) Power cord reboot your 622.
3) Re-scan for your OTA channels.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   blackwhole

blackwhole

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:56 AM

you might want to try:

I went from L306 to L403, lost all channels, have not been able to get them back. I've done all these things, but not in this order. Will try later tonight.

Thanks for starting this thread.
Black Whole Scott

#3 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:59 AM

Be sure to after you delete all your channels, exist the Local Channel page so that your changes are written before doing a power cord reboot. It is worth a try.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#4 OFFLINE   boylehome

boylehome

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:18 AM

Be sure to after you delete all your channels, exist the Local Channel page so that your changes are written before doing a power cord reboot. It is worth a try.

Ron,

I had the total loss of OTA channels after L366 to L401 on one receiver (Version B). I deleted of all OTA channels then exited by selecting 'Done.' I then powered-off the receiver, followed by a 30 second power cord unplug, then after reboot, I did a 'Scan Locals' in 'Local Channels' and again selected 'Done.' This got all my channels back. I have not had loss of OTA channels loss since.

IMHO after some downloads to the 622, after it auto-reboots, that reboot sometimes doesn't clear out all the junk.

John

#5 OFFLINE   blackwhole

blackwhole

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 12:13 PM

You guys are starting to give me a little hope. Last thing I did last night was to delete the OTA locals, so that the satellite feeds would show up in the guide at the low numbers. I haven't done a restart since then, so just maybe...

Thanks for the ideas.
Black Whole Scott

#6 OFFLINE   Volitar Prime

Volitar Prime

Mentor

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 12:47 PM

I lost all my OTA when I went from 3.66 directly to 4.03. I've tried rebooting by holding the power button in as well as pulling the plug. I even attempted to restore factory defaults (which automatically deleted the locals). I still get nothing. I called Dish support and they are sending me a new unit, not a solution I'm happy with.

#7 OFFLINE   Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser

Hall Of Fame

• Super Moderators
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 12:53 PM

I lost all my OTA when I went from 3.66 directly to 4.03. I've tried rebooting by holding the power button in as well as pulling the plug. I even attempted to restore factory defaults (which automatically deleted the locals). I still get nothing. I called Dish support and they are sending me a new unit, not a solution I'm happy with.

Try Ron's step's above, I also posted this information in your other post on this in the L4.03 issues thread.
Rob

DISH Hopper, Hopper w/Sling, & Joey User

#8 OFFLINE   Volitar Prime

Volitar Prime

Mentor

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 01:11 PM

Since I've done the reset to factory settings there are no OTA channels listed for me to remove any more. And yes, I have pulled the plug (a few times actually) since then. Still nothing :(

#9 OFFLINE   tnsprin

tnsprin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 02:19 PM

As suggest... Here is an thread to detail your OTA experiences. Please include your DMA and details as to what you are seeing and the channels you lost.

For people who lost their OTA channels, one thing you might want to try:

Users who haven't seen a problem should wait a week or so before commenting.

I voted lost all OTA and got them back (401 to 403). So far only lost once on 403. I also had 4 occurrences of this (3 times on one of my 622's, and 1 time on the other) while on 401. As I documented to Dish when they asked for detail, this is not a partial lose or not locking but acted like the receiver was receiving no signals (0 strength) from the tuner on all OTA channels. Reboots have worked fine so far. 1) and 3) have no effect.
Ex Dish subscriber
Fios TV subscriber on 3/8/10

#10 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,280 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 13 April 2007 - 02:39 PM

Went from 3.66 to 4.03. OTA stayed the just fine, in fact better on all channels with the exception of one that was really flaky before, now just a little flakey.

Stronger signal strength reported on all OTAs and satellites.

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#11 OFFLINE   icmoney

icmoney

Mentor

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 03:35 PM

Received L4.03 software last night. All my OTA channels are still there with good signal on all. I am in the Midland-Odessa Texas DMA.

#12 OFFLINE   JeffChap

JeffChap

AllStar

• Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 05:01 PM

Lost all of mine going from 3.66 to 4.03, but a simple front panel reboot brought them back.

#13 OFFLINE   mdewitt

mdewitt

AllStar

• Registered
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 07:24 PM

OTA channels losing signal more than ever since 4.03. Went from about 85% down to 72%.

Cleveland, OH

#14 OFFLINE   bmanner

bmanner

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:07 PM

Went from L366 to L403. I did not lose any of my OTA channels. However now the receiver will not lock in the channels. The picture will "freeze" for a second, or pixelization, or I get the "error lost signal" screen. I never had this to occur with my OTA channels on L366.

I want L366 back!

#15 OFFLINE   aaronbud

aaronbud

Legend

• Registered
  • 211 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:46 PM

Went from 366 to 403, lost all my OTA, reciever shows no signal at all. I've tried all the reboots I am aware of, ie. front panel reboot, unplugging reciever reboot, deleted locals, checked switch, etc etc.
If anyone knows of something else please help! The only thing I have NOT done, is disconnect the sats, run check switch, unplug, reconnect, etc. I just havent got desperate enough to try that, but it seems to me the sat connections SHOULD have nothing to do with the OTA, should it?
Aaron Lewis
Sacramento, Ca
Dish Network Since '97

#16 OFFLINE   anthonyi

anthonyi

Legend

• Registered
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 03:50 AM

Everyone should know if you Reset to Factory Settings, why do you think your OTA's would still be there or bring them back.? Factory settings is what it is. It is set back to what is was set before the customer makes there changes to it.

#17 OFFLINE   IamtheEggman

IamtheEggman

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 08:37 AM

I lost my NBC station but kept my CBS and PBS. Get no signal at all on the NbC station. Bangor Me.

#18 OFFLINE   Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser

Hall Of Fame

• Super Moderators
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 10:57 AM

I lost my NBC station but kept my CBS and PBS. Get no signal at all on the NbC station. Bangor Me.

If you haven't already, try deleting the station, reboot your receiver by pulling the power cord, and then re-scan for your locals.
Rob

DISH Hopper, Hopper w/Sling, & Joey User

#19 OFFLINE   Ijon_Tichy

Ijon_Tichy

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 11:23 AM

I have tried everything recommended here.

And still no OTA. :(

I still get 0 signal (it's as if the ViP is not even trying) and every channel.

I can't even connect to a channel manually.

This is pissing me off.

I am going to call CS later today.

#20 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 11:59 AM

:welcome_s Ijon_Tichy.

What do you mean by not being able to connect to the channel manually. When removed your channels, exited with done, and rescanned they all showed back up but when you tune to them through the EPG nothing shows up? What do you get when you manually add a channel? Are you getting any signal strength?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...