Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Poll/Discussion: Did you lose your OTA with L4.03

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Did you lose your OTA channels with L4.03? (131 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you lose your OTA channels with L4.03?

1. Lost All channels and have not been able to get them back. (L366 to L403) (7 votes [5.34%])

Percentage of vote: 5.34%

2. Lost All channels and have not been able to get them back. (L401 to L403) (1 votes [0.76%])

Percentage of vote: 0.76%

3. Lost Some channels and have not been able to get them back. (L366 to L403) (5 votes [3.82%])

Percentage of vote: 3.82%

4. Lost Some channels and have not been able to get them back. (L401 to L403) (1 votes [0.76%])

Percentage of vote: 0.76%

5. Lost All channels and have been able to get them back. (L366 to L403) (3 votes [2.29%])

Percentage of vote: 2.29%

6. Lost All channels and have been able to get them back. (L401 to L403) (3 votes [2.29%])

7. Lost Some channels and have been able to get them back. (L366 to L403) (3 votes [2.29%])

8. Lost Some channels and have been able to get them back. (L401 to L403) (5 votes [3.82%])

Percentage of vote: 3.82%

9. Did not lose my OTA channels. (L366 to L403) (67 votes [51.15%])

Percentage of vote: 51.15%

10. Did not lose my OTA channels. (L401 to L403) (36 votes [27.48%])

Percentage of vote: 27.48%

Vote

#21 OFFLINE   blackwhole

blackwhole

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 12:04 PM

:welcome_s Ijon_Tichy.

What do you mean by not being able to connect to the channel manually. When removed your channels, exited with done, and rescanned they all showed back up but when you tune to them through the EPG nothing shows up? What do you get when you manually add a channel? Are you getting any signal strength?

If it's anything like mine, when we try to add a channel, NOTHING shows up. No signal at all. It's as if there's no antenna attached, or something. But that's not the problem because my TV tuner still works...
Black Whole Scott

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Ijon_Tichy

Ijon_Tichy

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 12:15 PM

If it's anything like mine, when we try to add a channel, NOTHING shows up. No signal at all. It's as if there's no antenna attached, or something. But that's not the problem because my TV tuner still works...

I am getting the exact same issue.

It is as if the antenna is disconnected.

It is very frustrating.

When I first got the 4.03l update, all my OTA channels still appeared in my EPG. But every chan would give me a signal lost screen. I used to average about 85% signal strength before.

After deleting and rebooting, a Scan All gives me nothing. Manually adding channels gives me nothing.

I have tried deleting, rebooting (both ways), and rescanning several times with same result: NOTHING.

Maybe the update disabled the OTA tuner?

#23 OFFLINE   blackwhole

blackwhole

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 01:08 PM

I am getting the exact same issue.

It is as if the antenna is disconnected.

Maybe the update disabled the OTA tuner?

Yeah, it seems like it at least. I deleted all the channels, and then the satellite locals automatically mapped down to those numbers. But I'm missing the sub-channels of course, and it's not HD. How did we live without HD before? I can't remember either.

I wonder if there was a bad batch of receivers made. I became a Dish customer mid-December of last year. My installation was postponed a couple of days because they had no 622s in stock, so I bet that it was manufactured in the last part of 2006.
Black Whole Scott

#24 OFFLINE   Ijon_Tichy

Ijon_Tichy

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:02 PM

Yeah, it seems like it at least. I deleted all the channels, and then the satellite locals automatically mapped down to those numbers. But I'm missing the sub-channels of course, and it's not HD. How did we live without HD before? I can't remember either.

I wonder if there was a bad batch of receivers made. I became a Dish customer mid-December of last year. My installation was postponed a couple of days because they had no 622s in stock, so I bet that it was manufactured in the last part of 2006.

I got my dvr in late Dec '06. Hmmm...

#25 OFFLINE   sthor

sthor

Legend

• Registered
  • 136 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:37 PM

My 622 was installed 12/10/2006. Never had a problem receiving OTA with 3.65, 3.66, 4.01 or 4.03.

In fact 4.01 fixed a problem with guide data on the local Orlando, FL Fox affiliate.

#26 OFFLINE   Volitar Prime

Volitar Prime

Mentor

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:41 PM

I got my dvr in late Dec '06. Hmmm...

I got mine in January 07. The plot thickens...

spam firewall