Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Wiring/Switch question: 2 TVs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   msalvail

msalvail

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 08:50 PM

I don't know exactly where on these forums this post belongs but since it involves a 622, I thought I would put it here.

Prior to having a 622, we had a 508 in our bedroom and ran a cable from it to our kitchen tv so that whatever we watched in the bedroom, could also be watched in the kitchen if someone wanted to do so. Same receiver, same remote.

Ok, we got the 622 in there about a month ago and the technician set up the kitchen tv as TV2 so that we can either watch in 2 tv mode with separate remotes or watch in single tv mode with one remote and the kitchen shows whatever is on the bedroom tv.

So far, so good, right?

Then MLB decided not to renew EI with Echostar. :blackeye: SIGH. We didn't want to give up our DISH service as we have been with them for a while, have 2 622 receivers that we love and are really enjoying the HD programming. After much thought, we subbed to the smallest D* package we could and will suspend our service with them for 6 months out of the year, during the off season.

So now there is a problem. When that bedroom TV is on D*, it's not showing in the kitchen. I am sure it has something to do with how the 622 is set up to be viewed with tv2 set on a certain channel, in our case I think its channel 60.

Bottom line: What is the best way to set it up so that D* will also show up in the kitchen? Do we have to put an A/B switch on one of the lines? Add a splitter somewhere? Again, I didn't put this in a *D forum because I need help from people who understand the 622 setup!

Please be detailed in your directions/suggestions. :)

Thanks, y'all!

Loving my 622 with the 4.03 software update!!

PS: My signature has it, I have an *E 622 and a *D R15, both going to a basic 15" kitchen countertop tv.
Mary
*E since '98: Dish 1000.2,VIP622, VIP722K
*D since 4/07 for MLB EI, HR-21

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,701 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:34 PM

So now there is a problem. When that bedroom TV is on D*, it's not showing in the kitchen.

You left out the key details. It doesn't matter what you had... all that matters is what you have.

I'm sending you a PM since this doesn't belong here.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...