Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Drive

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Galley

Galley

Legend

• Registered
  • 159 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 06:03 PM

Aaargh! I get burned by Fox again! :mad:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:36 AM

Well I'm pissed.This is the 6th Fox show in 2 years that I watched that got canned after 5 episodes of less.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#23 OFFLINE   GFloyd

GFloyd

Legend

• Registered
  • 113 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:45 PM

I think Fox is ran by a bunch of Gen Xers with ADD and Riddlin scipts.

#24 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 01:50 AM

Agreed.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Down With Verizon!

#25 OFFLINE   tomcrown1

tomcrown1

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:02 AM

Why does any one watch anything on fox?????
Welcome to Dish the new AT&T

:) life is to to to short so be???

#26 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 12:59 PM

I was hoping that there'd be at least one more episodes and up until last night Drive was still listed in my EPG. Fox will never air the final episodes later in the summer. They said the samething about The Inside when it was axed and that never happened.
Down With Verizon!

#27 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,717 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 29 April 2007 - 02:57 PM

What never makes any sense to me is... when they cancel a show and don't go ahead and air the ones already produced. It's not like they are airing something new... I believe a repeat of House is now in the guide for tomorrow night... they will lose what audience they did have for Drive by waiting months to show the remaining completed episodes.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#28 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 07:04 PM

I've always wondered the samething. If the episodes are already made, why not make fans of the show semi happy and air the remaining episodes. Maybe Drive will be released on DVD, although only one of the 5 previous shows I watched that were canceled on Fox was released on DVD.
Down With Verizon!

#29 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,717 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 29 April 2007 - 10:28 PM

I happen to have liked Firefly and Tru Calling, both of which were prematurely cancelled on FOX and both had unaired episodes at the time of cancellation.

Those Firefly episodes aired years later on SciFi and again on UniversalHD... I'm not sure the final episode of Tru Calling has ever aired... but DVD releases were complete for both shows.

I just made a suggestion in another thread... wondering why FOX doesn't consider relocating some programming to their MyNetwork channel to boost ratings there.

Even if Drive's ratings were bad for FOX... they would be phenomenal compared to anything they are showing on MyNetwork. I know they have been trying to get programming on the cheap for MyNetwork, but in this case Drive has already been paid for by FOX... so if they used it to boost ratings on MyNetwork that has to be better than just letting those episodes sit idle.

Heck, I'd even go so far as to say they might consider being a "loss leader" and spring for a show like Drive to air on MyNetwork just to give that network something to hang its hat on... even if they lost a little on that show, it has to help the bottom line of MyNetwork out.

#30 OFFLINE   GFloyd

GFloyd

Legend

• Registered
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:36 AM

Fox is scehduled to show the last 2 episodes of Drive on July 4th. This will not end the series. These are just the last 2 episodes that were filmed before Fox pulled the plug ...

http://www.arroganti...sodes-of-drive/

#31 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:38 AM

Just watched the first 4 hours a couple nights ago. Knowing it had already been cancelled, I was prepared to watch about :30 then free up the HDD space with no regrets. Despite a few "umm....ok" moments, it kept me in. My calendar is marked.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#32 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 01:51 AM

Wow I'm really surprised they're making good on their word. Thanks for the heads up, I guess I won't delete my Scheduled Recording for Drive yet.
Down With Verizon!

#33 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 06:10 PM

Thank you Fox for showing the last two episodes of Drive, like you said you would :rolleyes:
Down With Verizon!

#34 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,717 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 04 July 2007 - 06:56 PM

Thank you Fox for showing the last two episodes of Drive, like you said you would :rolleyes:

The FOX Web site changed sometime over the last weekend to 7/13... next Friday for airing. Not a good night to reschedule in my opinion with all the other new things on that night... but hey, FOX didn't ask me before cancelling the show either!

#35 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 07:33 PM

Yep I just read that at TV.com. I'll be keeping an eye out on the 13th, we shall see...
Down With Verizon!

#36 OFFLINE   GFloyd

GFloyd

Legend

• Registered
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 12:04 PM

Fox has pulled the planned airings of the last 2 filmed episodes of Drive from 7/13. Per TV Squad.com ...

I just spoke to a Fox spokesperson who confirms that they've been pulled (in favor of Bones and Standoff) and he doesn't have any explanation for the change. He also told me that the final two episodes of Drive have not been rescheduled at this point and he doesn't know if they ever will be.

#37 OFFLINE   Galley

Galley

Legend

• Registered
  • 159 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:06 AM

Damn you, Fox! Where am I gonna get my Melanie Lynskey fix?

#38 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 12:14 PM

Figures... :(
Down With Verizon!

#39 OFFLINE   GFloyd

GFloyd

Legend

• Registered
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:34 PM

Fox has now announced that they will stream the last two produced eps on their MySpace page starting 7/16 (http://myspace.com/fox) ...

Source: http://featuresblogs...talls-driv.html

#40 OFFLINE   thxultra

thxultra

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 10:19 AM

Watched them boh online was a good show. it was a shame fox canned this so fast.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...