Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish versus tree....

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   aguyingreene

aguyingreene

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:57 PM

Crazy storms in Virginia yesterday! To make a long story short, the dish now looks like a taco... sigh.... the repair is scheduled for Wednesday...:( Maybe the installer will align the dish a little better this time and get a stonger signal..

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,617 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 16 April 2007 - 04:48 PM

On the plus side... I guess the tree will not be in the way anymore :)

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#3 OFFLINE   tasp

tasp

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 09:21 PM

Some years ago, I had a customer call and say a tree limb had smacked the pole his dish was mounted to.

I stopped by and noted the pole was bent forward 13 degrees, and to the west 7 degrees. (I used my little angle finder gizmo for this)

I then adjusted the tilt back 7 degrees and the elevation back 13 degrees.

Went in the house and had a picture on all channnels.

(no transponder measured over 75, however, the bowl of the dish was very lightly creased, but the customer got by till Dish sent a truck out.)

Now, my customer that had a grain bin (yes, a grain bin) roll across the roof of his house and steam roller his dish flat had to wait for the Dish guy to bring a new one before he could watch anything . . . .

Good luck on your repairs!

#4 OFFLINE   AV Doogie

AV Doogie

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 07:17 PM

^So sometimes like a 'timex, and other times...not so much:)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...