Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MLS avaliablility

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   FavreJL04

FavreJL04

Legend

• Registered
  • 169 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:01 PM

I do not subscribe to the MLS Soccer package. Last night I was flipping through the networks on the Sports Pack and all channels with an MLS game on it were blacked out except for Comcast Chicago on 640. The game on was Chicago Fire @ Colorado Rapids and was live. This was on I think two other RSNs, but was blacked out on those two. Comcast Chicago is not my local RSN as I would not be able to receive it without the Sports Pack. My Zip is 49858 and only indicates FSN Detroit 636 as my RSN.

Does anybody know all the guidelines that MLS uses to determine who can see what on which channel? I guess in short, how do the blackouts work?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Tony1097

Tony1097

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:03 AM

I wish I knew how they worked myself.. I can't get the Crew games, even though I live in Ohio. I do believe that every once in a while, you will be able to get a random MLS game with the sports pack and not add it to the MLS shootout package. strange, I know. but I will take it.

I thought about getting the package, but FSC, GolTV, and Setanta is good enough entertainment for me for now :)

spam firewall