Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sports issues forum

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CTJon

CTJon

Godfather

• Registered
  • 274 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:13 AM

For those of us who really aren't interested in all the details of what sports is carried and not carried in HD, what is blacked out etc. It seems as if a large % of topics these days are on sports issues and not general DirecTV. Then the sports issues could get all the coverage and those who aren't interested would have a cleaner forum to find things of interest.

Just my opinion.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:21 AM

We are discussing the options of opening a "PROGRAMMING" based forum...
That would cover items just like that... in addition to other extended packages, and other future offerings.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:28 AM

I think it would be a good idea as well

#4 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:36 AM

I don't think it is really needed. In another month the MLB postings will simmer down as people get used to what they get.

#5 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:41 AM

I don't think it is really needed. In another month the MLB postings will simmer down as people get used to what they get.

But then we cross into the early discussions of Sunday Ticket, and the continuing with NASCAR... And the College Ticket (or what ever they are calling it).

Then with what we hope to be an explosion of HD carraige and content... the General forum could be swamped with mostly programming discussion... instead of other "general" topics.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#6 OFFLINE   purtman

purtman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 10:00 AM

We are discussing the options of opening a "PROGRAMMING" based forum...
That would cover items just like that... in addition to other extended packages, and other future offerings.

Earl, would this be programming for just D*? I think the sports belongs in here, but ONLY if it happens to be D*-related sports and are non-HD/SD specific.

#7 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 10:39 AM

But then we cross into the early discussions of Sunday Ticket, and the continuing with NASCAR... And the College Ticket (or what ever they are calling it).

Then with what we hope to be an explosion of HD carraige and content... the General forum could be swamped with mostly programming discussion... instead of other "general" topics.

I think it's a good idea.

#8 OFFLINE   islesfan

islesfan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,652 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 18 April 2007 - 11:33 AM

That will just minimize the issues we sports fans face. For example, the CIR/autorecord issue almost exclusively affects sports fans only.

Sony Bravia 55"
HR20-700
HR21-700
HDMI
HP Touchsmart IQ 846 (Windows 8) for DirecTV2PC and Media Share

GenieGO

iPhone 4S

iPad

#9 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 11:40 AM

Earl, would this be programming for just D*? I think the sports belongs in here, but ONLY if it happens to be D*-related sports and are non-HD/SD specific.

It would only be for the CONTENT on DirecTV...
We have a sports forum already for General Sports discussion

And HDTV programming forum to discuss national based HD sports (or any other programming).
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

#10 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 11:43 AM

That will just minimize the issues we sports fans face. For example, the CIR/autorecord issue almost exclusively affects sports fans only.

Why would it mimimize the issues?

And CIR/Autorecords effects EVERY user... not just sports fans..

The CIR issue wouldn't be mimized because a programming sub-forum is created. As it is an issue that crosses the D10/D11/D12/H20/R15/HR20 units

With the R15 and the HR20 being the most affected, because of auto-records.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

Protected By... spam firewall...And...