Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

YES Interactive only on DIRECTV

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dlw283

dlw283

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 10:34 AM

I have seen the news items on this, and they sound great. Does anyone know how this works yet. (This should probably be moved to another area...but I wanted the HR20 community to have a hook).

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DaHound

DaHound

Legend

• Registered
  • 212 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 10:47 AM

I played with it a little this weekend. There's an area at the bottom of the screen to click on the red or (I think green button) to get a small menu. When it appears there's options to look at stats, standings, etc. Can't remember all, but there were about 6 options. Pretty cool.
Panasonic Plasma TH-37PX60
HDMI - Native On (720,1080)
Digital from TV to Onkyo Receiver
HR20-700 (2) Hard Wired to Linksys router

#3 OFFLINE   dlw283

dlw283

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 10:52 AM

I played with it a little this weekend. There's an area at the bottom of the screen to click on the red or (I think green button) to get a small menu. When it appears there's options to look at stats, standings, etc. Can't remember all, but there were about 6 options. Pretty cool.

Thanks for the info. I have not seen this, but I am watching YESHD. From some of my readings, it may not be available on the HD channel. I just wanted to know what to look for!

I will try checking for it on the other channels ;)

#4 OFFLINE   Italfra1

Italfra1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 01:41 PM

I have seen the news items on this, and they sound great. Does anyone know how this works yet. (This should probably be moved to another area...but I wanted the HR20 community to have a hook).

I was checking it out last night during the Yankees game on MLB Ch 740. Look for the little pop up in the lower left hand corner of the screen. I believe you press your red button for menu and green to clear it. Once your menu pops up you can choose from a bunch of windows to open. It's a pretty neat feature. I've seen it on a few other MLB channels also.

I noticed that it had a few bugs in it. The stats they would be showing wouldn't always be accurate with the person that was at bat. And also when you hit clear to close the menu window the only way you could get back into it was if you changed the channel then went back to the interactive channel and hit menu again. Beside those things it tells you alot of information very quickly.

#5 OFFLINE   chopperjc

chopperjc

Godfather

• Registered
  • 476 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 01:55 PM

It is cool except it does take forever to load and the info is behind as much as 3-4 minutes in some cases. This is great for fantasy league people. They still have some work to do though.

#6 OFFLINE   Darwynz

Darwynz

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 05:54 PM

I can get it on the SD but not the HD.... features are cool, BUT not cooler then HD.. why would they do such a thing?

#7 OFFLINE   khutch

khutch

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:29 AM

I can get it on the SD but not the HD.... features are cool, BUT not cooler then HD.. why would they do such a thing?

I agree. The interactive stuff is cool. I especially like the "bonus cam". I was watching the pre-game show (I think it's called something like "batting practice today") and while they were in the studio, the bonus cam showed live batting practice. While I'll admit that batting practice is not all that riveting, it's still pretty cool.

HOWEVER, once the game started, I immediately flipped to HD. I'll take non-interactive HD over all the bonus stuff on the crappy SD channel any day.

Why isn't interactive on HD? Does anybody actually know?

#8 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,969 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:02 PM

I didn't see anyone provide the link, but here's more on DirecTV's YES Interactive, with demos:

http://www.directv.c...ssetId=P4270030

Protected By... spam firewall...And...