Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Jericho Renewed (Rumor)

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   GFloyd

GFloyd

Legend

• Registered
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 01:33 PM

SiFi Wire picks up on a rumor that Jericho will be renewed by CBS and will likely move nights so as not to go up against Idol ...

http://www.scifi.com...gory=7&id=41118

The source of the SiFi Wire report ...

http://www.syfyporta...news423527.html

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 11:00 PM

Awesome! Jericho is the only show I MUST watch ASAP. I could have CSI or Close To Home or just about another show on my DVR for a week or more, but Jericho gets watched the moment I get home from work. One thing I appreciate CBS doing is not messing around. New episode just about every, no three or four week hiatus’ other then the planned break, which was fine. If only other networks could do this. Every episode answers 2 or 3 questions, but asks 5 or 6 more, I love it!
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#3 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 11:57 AM

Agreed about Jericho! Love this show almost as much as the BBC fare that we've been watching!
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

#4 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,242 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 15 May 2007 - 07:50 AM

After the way they ended the season finale all I can say is they better renew this show!!! I believe the networks are announcing their fall schedules this week so we should know before too long.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#5 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:24 PM

NBC and ABC upfronts have been announced, CBS should be later today.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Down With Verizon!

#6 OFFLINE   dfergie

dfergie

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:50 PM

Variety is reporting it as being cancelled along with The Class and Close to Home...Link

#7 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 12:51 AM

:( Jericho was a great show, like I said above, it's the only one I had to watch right away. While the ratings weren’t good (not bad either) I thought (and hopped) CBS would get it the green lights. I'm not surprised about Close To Home. Last year is was really good, a lot of the cases were really hard hitting emotional ones, this year is was mediocre at best. I can’t believe The Unit gets a third season and Jericho doesn’t even get past the first. Out of the 8 new shows I watched this year, Shark is the only one that made it. No word on Criminal Minds I see, that better be staying.
Down With Verizon!

#8 OFFLINE   UKintheUS

UKintheUS

Godfather

• Registered
  • 335 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 05:05 AM

Well the producers want it to go on so lets hope someone else grabs it.

#9 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 04:41 PM

Despite cliffhanger ending, show won't be back

By Rick Porter

May 16, 2007

CBS would like you to know that it was a tough decision to cancel "Jericho," its entry into last season's plot-driven serial glut.

That will probably be small consolation to the show's fans, who watched the show's first -- and only -- season end with the titular town's fate very much up in the air. But, as CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler put it Wednesday, "It just wasn't performing."

http://www.zap2it.co...ap-tv-headlines

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#10 OFFLINE   morbid_fun

morbid_fun

Godfather

• Registered
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 05:22 PM

To be blunt: This Sucks!

#11 OFFLINE   UKintheUS

UKintheUS

Godfather

• Registered
  • 335 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:20 AM

Sci-Fi wire have stated that CBS have said due to e-mails from fans the may try and rap up Jericho in the coming weeks.

In a statement on the official show bulletin board, CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler told fans:

"We truly appreciate the commitment you made to the series, and we are humbled by your disappointment. In the coming weeks, we hope to develop a way to provide closure to the compelling drama that was the Jericho story."

http://www.scifi.com...gory=0&id=41591

#12 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 01:39 AM

Awesome! I'd be grateful for anything, but I'm hoping it's on TV, not online. But even so, I'd be grateful, no matter what.
Down With Verizon!

#13 OFFLINE   NickD

NickD

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:18 AM

I am anxious to watch this show, I have read some great reviews about it, we have all of the Jericho's recorded and have not watched them yet. It is ashame that it will be canceled.
Nick

#14 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 01:44 AM

You won't de disappointed, other then the fact that currently the show is cancelled. I will be purchasing Jericho on iTunes and on DVD. I'd love to watch the entire season again.
Down With Verizon!

#15 OFFLINE   ralphfurley

ralphfurley

Legend

• Registered
  • 224 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:39 PM

NUTS. Michael Ausiello at TVGUIDE.COM reports that multiple sources confirm that JERICHO will return ( at least 8 episodes) at midseason. Contracts are being signed and soundstages are being secured. CBS does something right for once, but I still wont forgive them for booting NOW & AGAIN

#16 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 02:41 PM

NUTS. Michael Ausiello at TVGUIDE.COM reports that multiple sources confirm that JERICHO will return ( at least 8 episodes) at midseason. Contracts are being signed and soundstages are being secured. CBS does something right for once, but I still wont forgive them for booting NOW & AGAIN

Slight clarification, but I was just looking at the article and it says all that's left is for terms to be negotiated and contracts to be signed, along with finding a new soundstage...

But I'm all for it! :)

#17 ONLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,687 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 05 June 2007 - 03:10 PM

Arrrrgh.... why are they going to bring this show back and make me watch.... :)

This was one show I had a love/hate relationship with. The acting and writing were so bad, yet I couldn't turn away....it had just enough of a hook.

#18 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 10:07 PM

This is GREAT news, really goes to show you what a group of loyal fans can accomplish.
Down With Verizon!

#19 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 05:34 AM

Fans Make CBS Reconsider 'Jericho' Axing

Jun 5, 11:08 PM (ET)

By LYNN ELBER

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Fans trumpeting the cause of CBS' canceled drama "Jericho" have caught the network's ear. CBS, deluged with calls, messages and shipments of nuts signifying viewer displeasure, is reconsidering its decision, a source close to the production said Tuesday.

The source spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to comment publicly. A decision on whether to bring the show back, probably for a midseason run, is imminent, the source said.

More here:
http://apnews1.iwon..../D8PJ2B680.html

#20 OFFLINE   unipat

unipat

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 04:14 PM

It's official, apparently. See the link below.
http://featuresblogs...ho_fans_go.html
I watch way 2 much TV!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...