Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

best place to buy a new 622?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   drillhead

drillhead

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 05:11 PM

any suggestions?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Miner

Miner

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 06:51 PM

Drillhead,

Costco, I believe still has them.

Miner

#3 OFFLINE   lionsrule

lionsrule

Godfather

• Registered
  • 449 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 07:36 PM

from me

#4 OFFLINE   Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 08:52 PM

Try dishdepot.com if you want the 622 ,TAX FREE- if you don't live in Florida. Mark will allow trade ins toward the 622 as well which would bring down your purchase price. I have done business with him for 4 years and he has always paid for shipping and handeling -both ways if you do a trade in. He is great to work with. If you have any questions about a trade in you can email him on his website.

#5 OFFLINE   steelhorse

steelhorse

Legend

• Registered
  • 163 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 05:21 AM

Wouldn't it be cheaper to lease one from dish?

#6 OFFLINE   drillhead

drillhead

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 05:37 AM

Wouldn't it be cheaper to lease one from dish?

Yes, however, if you are doing a self install, DISH will not lease one to you. So I'm looking to buy one and the hell with the lease.

#7 OFFLINE   tsduke

tsduke

Godfather

• Registered
  • 471 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:26 AM

I'm curious, what are the advantages to buying a receiver? It's my understanding that you still pay the $5 per additional receiver fee.

#8 OFFLINE   Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 09:24 AM

The advantages is if it is the only receiver there is no $5.00 additional receiver fee. Actaully it is $6.00 for the hd receivers and $5.00 for the sd ones. The other advantages are you are not held to any commitments with Dish or any hd pack requirements. You can get just hd locals and your ota tuner enabeled for only the $6.00 hd enabeling fee. I OWN all of my 622s , a total of 3 on two different accounts. On my account I have the hd pack and AEP w locals. On my 2nd account at my parents I have top 250 w locals both sd and hd and the hd enabeling fee. I can also trade them in for the newer receivers to dishdepot.com or I could sell them on E-Bay for the most I can get.

#9 OFFLINE   CABill

CABill

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 09:40 AM

Mike covered most all I can think of beyond the "self install wanted", but I'd add that owned receivers can be activated and deactivated whenever you want without fee. You can keep a 510 in a guest room and only activate it for a week when someone is visiting and pay 1/4 of the $5 Addl Rec and $5.98 DVR fee. Or deactivate it while some snowbird is in FL for months.

#10 OFFLINE   tsduke

tsduke

Godfather

• Registered
  • 471 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 02:21 PM

Why does dishdepot say (No Lease Fee-No Contract) on most of the receivers?

#11 OFFLINE   Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 03:43 PM

Probably because you BUY Them instead of leasing directly through DISH. SInce you buy them there is NO commitment or contracts with DISH and you can leave at any time.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...