Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

SNYH (625) - No Mets game in New York DMA

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dpcv8

dpcv8

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 05:46 PM

The game is on SNY SD channel 625.

on the HD channel is a slide that says:

No Need to Call Us

We are aware this TV station is temporarily unenviable
We'll have this channel back as quickly as possible
Sorry for the interruption.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 08:40 PM

When you see that it usually means that the HD feed from the station is down or the D* uplink is down. I've seen it on the MPEG4 locals and it usually is the OTA station is actually down and out for the count (I check OTA and sure enough, it's down).

Can't say for sure in this case, just posting what it usually is.

#3 OFFLINE   bidger

bidger

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:27 AM

The game was in Florida and, at this point in time, SNY doesn't do HD for away games.

It really said "unenviable"?

Ceton 6 tuner eth, Cisco Tuning Adapter 1520, TWC Digital Explorer Pak and Standard Internet, TiVo HD (upgraded to 500 GB) for OTA,TC-P50U50, SONY NSZ-GT1 BD player and Google TV box, Yamaha RX-V373 A/V receiver, Squeezebox Duet music streaming device, Xbox 360 

#4 OFFLINE   NYSmoker

NYSmoker

Icon

• Registered
  • 657 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:30 AM

The game was fine on the SD 625 and the HD 625 did come back on, I don't know how long it was down for though. It was an interesting screen though, don't call us we know, well how do I know you care about fixing it if I don't complain. It is a good thing this game wasn't in HD.
HR21-700 HDMI --> Sharp Aquos 42" LCD
HR20-700 HDMI --> Sharp Aquos 26" LCD .

#5 OFFLINE   ScoBuck

ScoBuck

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:40 AM

In the hour preceeding last nights game, SNYH was experiencing video freeze every 15 seconds, and then an error message was popping up on the screen. It was a problem with the link from SNY to DirecTV.

#6 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,892 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 08:34 AM

It might have something to do with this......

Last night I found that I had two channel 625's again. The difference this time is that one of them was HD.

To be clear: (I hope )

1. Up until about a week ago(now is 20APR07) I had no HD RSN's.

2. A few weeks ago I had two SNY's, YES's, and NESN's, all of which were SD.

3. Those in the NYC & Boston lil's had something similar but actually had HD versions these stations. I'm not in either lil.

4. The multiple versions of these channels went away and I had just one SD version of each.

5. Last night(19APR07), I set the guide to ALL CHANNELS and there were two channel 625's SNY & SNYH and the second was actually the HD version.

6. I previously posted a series of emails between me and SNY where they indicated I wouldn't get SNY in HD yet.
link - http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?p=903395

I live in Norwich, CT 06360.

Has anyone seen this? What's your zip?

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#7 OFFLINE   ScoBuck

ScoBuck

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:39 AM

No - I called tech support before the channel went down - when I was getting the error messages I posted about. There was a problem between SNY and D*.

It might have something to do with this......

Last night I found that I had two channel 625's again. The difference this time is that one of them was HD.

To be clear: (I hope )

1. Up until about a week ago(now is 20APR07) I had no HD RSN's.

2. A few weeks ago I had two SNY's, YES's, and NESN's, all of which were SD.

3. Those in the NYC & Boston lil's had something similar but actually had HD versions these stations. I'm not in either lil.

4. The multiple versions of these channels went away and I had just one SD version of each.

5. Last night(19APR07), I set the guide to ALL CHANNELS and there were two channel 625's SNY & SNYH and the second was actually the HD version.

6. I previously posted a series of emails between me and SNY where they indicated I wouldn't get SNY in HD yet.
link - http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?p=903395

I live in Norwich, CT 06360.

Has anyone seen this? What's your zip?

Mike

#8 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 12:52 PM

Possible they are expanding the coverage of SNYH on to other spotbeams like they are YesHD.

#9 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,892 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 06:02 PM

Possible they are expanding the coverage of SNYH on to other spotbeams like they are YesHD.

Certainly seems so. My buddies in surrounding towns all show that we now have HD RSN's.

Now, if D* only had some way to let me know I had new programming..........apparently not :rolleyes:

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...