Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Terk Antenna connection on Dish

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Bishop

Bishop

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 12:12 PM

Thanks for your help in the past....

I Have a Dish Network Twin 500 Dish with a DP34 Switch and all is fine (Except I haven't Sku'd it yet) but I bought a Terk Antenna on EBAY to go the Dish to pick up local channels.

It has 2 IN connections and 2 OUT connections, and it came with a Terk TV/SAT splitter. The SAT connection says DC PASS.

What would be the correct way to connect the Terk Antenna, with the Terk Switch, to the Dish 500 with the DP34 switch?

The unit did not come with directions, but since the Terk setup cost retail at $89, I hope I did good at a cost of $10 for the like new package.

Thanks for your help..............

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 03:59 PM

I think you would run the coaxs from the dp 34 switch into the terk antenna and then to your receivers.

#3 OFFLINE   Bishop

Bishop

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:51 PM

I sku'd it today and everything is fine with the four receivers except I have not tried to connect the Terk Antenna yet.......Tomorrow if it does'nt rain.

So I have to run another coax after the dp34 switch back to the dish 500 dish and then to a receiver. I was hoping to get the Local signal to all four receivers...

#4 OFFLINE   Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 08:06 PM

Do you have a terk 44 clip on antenna?

IF you do then you have up to 4 connections on the terk for ota antenna /sat receivers. You would run the out going cables from the dp 34 that would go to the sat receivers and run them to the IN port of the terk 44. From the OUT port you would put the cables that will run to your sat receivers. So if you have 4 receivers you would have enough connections with the terk 44 to allow for ota and sat to each receiver. The terk 44 clip on antenna is no more than a diplexor for up to 4 sat receivers /antenna ports for tvs, vcr, etc.

Once inside the house ,you run the diplexors before you go to the sat receivers. The tv side goes to the antenna port of the sat receiver or the tv and the sat side goes to your sat receiver or a dish pro seperator that would split to two sat cables.

#5 OFFLINE   Bishop

Bishop

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 12:57 PM

The Terk I have is a Terk 42 not 44 if that makes a difference.

It has two in connections and two out connections..

Can I run a coax from SAT 119 to the #1 in port and a coax from the SAT 110 to the #2 in port and then connect the coax going to the 119 port on the DP34 switch to the #1 out post on the Terk, and the #2 out port to the 110 coax going to the DP34 switch?

Sounds simple, but will the DP34 switch let the Local signal fron the terk pass through to the receivers?

#6 OFFLINE   johnsbin

johnsbin

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 02:30 PM

The Terk I have is a Terk 42 not 44 if that makes a difference.

It has two in connections and two out connections..

Can I run a coax from SAT 119 to the #1 in port and a coax from the SAT 110 to the #2 in port and then connect the coax going to the 119 port on the DP34 switch to the #1 out post on the Terk, and the #2 out port to the 110 coax going to the DP34 switch?

Sounds simple, but will the DP34 switch let the Local signal fron the terk pass through to the receivers?

You connect in this order:

LNB to Switch
Switch to IN on TERK
Out on TERK to line going to Receiver

Indoor diplexors are used in the house before the receiver to split out your signal again to connect directly to ATSC tuner or your OTA connection on a Dish HD Tuner/DVR.
ViP622, Optoma HD70, 90" screen

spam firewall