Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Another blackout question!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Scratch

Scratch

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 12:36 PM

I switched from E* to D* yesterday and am totally confused. My regional sports networks on E* were Ohio, Cincinnati and Sports Time Ohio. I used to able to watch all of the Indians games on STO no matter what. Last night I tried to watch the Yankees/Indians games and it said that it wasn't available in my area. I called Customer Service today and the guy told me that I wasn't eligible to see ball games on either STO or FSN Ohio. I don't quite understand how I was eligible with E*, but not D*. I don't get it. Thanks:confused:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   wmschultz

wmschultz

DBSTalk Club Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 12:47 PM

What is your zipcode?

#3 OFFLINE   Scratch

Scratch

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 02:22 PM

What is your zipcode?

My zip code is 41175.

#4 OFFLINE   wmschultz

wmschultz

DBSTalk Club Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 02:35 PM

I don't know the answer then because the website only shows you are eligible for
FSN Cincy and FSN Midwest and FSN Ohio if you pay more money.

They really need a knowledgeable group at DirecTV to handle these issues.

http://www.directv.c...34&Id=70005540#

Why is my Regional Sports Network (RSN) territory different from my cable RSN?

The area of in-market availability for each Regional Sports Network is determined by the companies that provide the RSNs to us, such as Fox Sports Direct.

The constraints of C-band satellite systems, cable systems and our system differ slightly, which is why RSN territories sometimes differ from one delivery system to the next.

Most people get the same RSN from us as they would from cable. But in some areas of the county, there are differences — your home RSN from us might be different from your home RSN on cable. This is because RSNs base their service on ZIP codes for satellite customers, but on county boundaries for cable customers. This difference is necessary because of the technical differences in how the satellite and cable signals are distributed.

#5 OFFLINE   Scratch

Scratch

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 02:48 PM

I don't know the answer then because the website only shows you are eligible for
FSN Cincy and FSN Midwest and FSN Ohio if you pay more money.

They really need a knowledgeable group at DirecTV to handle these issues.

http://www.directv.c...34&Id=70005540#

Why is my Regional Sports Network (RSN) territory different from my cable RSN?

The area of in-market availability for each Regional Sports Network is determined by the companies that provide the RSNs to us, such as Fox Sports Direct.

The constraints of C-band satellite systems, cable systems and our system differ slightly, which is why RSN territories sometimes differ from one delivery system to the next.

Most people get the same RSN from us as they would from cable. But in some areas of the county, there are differences — your home RSN from us might be different from your home RSN on cable. This is because RSNs base their service on ZIP codes for satellite customers, but on county boundaries for cable customers. This difference is necessary because of the technical differences in how the satellite and cable signals are distributed.

I do wish the CSR at D* were consistent because I talked to another guy last night about it and he said I should be able to get STO, Ohio,and Cincinnati, but the guy today said I couldn't watch ballgames on STO or Ohio. I have no idea what's going on. I just assumed they would be the same. Thanks for the help.:confused:

#6 OFFLINE   RegGeek

RegGeek

Legend

• Registered
  • 167 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 02:56 PM

This sounds similar to something going on with Fox Sports Midwest. In areas like
Springfield and Peoria, IL both the Cubs and Cardinals consider them in their markets. The cable companies there provide residents both Comcast (Cubs) and Fox (Cards) as part of their basic tier of service. D* only provides those guys with Comcast in basic teir and subscribers have to get the sportspack to get Fox Sports Midwest.

Not saying it's the exact same deal, but it appears that the RSNs your are eligible for in the basic tier of service with D*, E* and cable are certainly not set in stone.

Threads on this FSMW issue:
http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=84789
http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=85148
I know life's not fair, but how come it's never unfair in my favor?

See profile for equipment list.

#7 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,716 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:04 PM

The 41175 ZIP Code is in the home team territory for the following pro team(s):

SD: Standard Definition
HD: High Definition

With any TOTAL CHOICE® package:

FSN Cincinnati (Ch. 638)

Cincinnati Reds (SD Only)

Columbus Blue Jackets (SD Only)

Columbus Crew (SD Only)

With any TOTAL CHOICE® Premier package or any TOTAL CHOICE® package plus SPORTS Pack, you also get:

FSN Ohio (Ch. 637)

FSN Cincinnati (Ch. 638)

Cincinnati Reds (SD Only)

Columbus Crew (SD Only)

FSN Midwest (Ch. 647)

Indiana Fever (SD Only)

Indiana Pacers (SD Only)

Looks like your eligible for Reds games only...
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#8 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 10:01 PM

I give up on black outs :raspberry I think I have gotten my first and last sports "special ticket" :( :mad: There is nothing "special" about black outs :box:

#9 OFFLINE   beavis

beavis

Icon

• Registered
  • 528 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 07:39 AM

D*'s agreement with STO provides Indians games to select zip codes only, not all zip codes claimed by the Indians.

spam firewall