Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MBL EI Superfan HD Still Not Recording

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   net17

net17

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:38 PM

I am ready to cry, scream, and vomit all at once. I set a manual record for Channel 731 today from 10am-5pm, as I wanted to watch the Yankees vs. Indians, when I got home. Guess what I found in "My Playlist"? Nothing. So I checked the history and it said the recording was cancled. This showing was partially recorded because the channel became unavailable (6). So I called D* and got told everything from this game was blacked out for me (which it was not), to it is a known problem, and they are escallding it. WHY DOES IT NOT WORK? If it is a known issue, why can they not get it solved. Why can no one give me an answer at D*? Why is this not a bigger issue? You think it would be, as people are paying $40 to get the MLB EI SF HD, and it is not recording the games.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   wmschultz

wmschultz

DBSTalk Club Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 08:52 PM

This is not new to MLB it is a known HR20 problem. Sorry.

It has something with trying to record something on a channel that does
become unavailable because of the channel no longer broadcasting during
the time you set it to record.

Send a PM to ISLESFAN and see what he is doing to get around this.

#3 OFFLINE   SG24

SG24

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 11:20 AM

Ouch, that's rough.

I just set mine to record by going forward in the guide. It was on the guide from 1-7 so I figured it'd be good. If they went more than 6 hours I'd have been home to see the end anyway.

I got the game and then a DTV screen for a long stretch and then some sports highlihts show and the start of another pre-game show or something like that.

I know that probably doesn't help you out much. :(
VT 4-16-07

#4 OFFLINE   russdog

russdog

Godfather

• Registered
  • 453 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:39 AM

This is not new to MLB it is a known HR20 problem. Sorry.

It has something with trying to record something on a channel that does
become unavailable because of the channel no longer broadcasting during
the time you set it to record.

Well, this *is* a new problem for me and my HD-TIVO (250). In the past, it always recorded MLB-EI games just fine... and did so during the free preview this year. Once my paid subscription kicked in, it all-the-sudden fails to record. This was never a problem before.

Does anyone understand this? Does anyone know a work-around?

#5 OFFLINE   russdog

russdog

Godfather

• Registered
  • 453 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:43 AM

Well, this *is* a new problem for me and my HD-TIVO (250). In the past, it always recorded MLB-EI games just fine... and did so during the free preview this year. Once my paid subscription kicked in, it all-the-sudden fails to record. This was never a problem before.

Does anyone understand this? Does anyone know a work-around?

Also, another new weirdness: For years, I've had the Orioles on my wishlist. This is what always triggered the TIVO to grab the games. Now, however, the wishlist fails to find any "upcoming" instances of Orioles... even though they *are* listed in the onscreen guide for MLB-EI channels.

It is as if D* has made some change to the TIVO software which has the TIVO failing to see the MLB-EI channels...

#6 OFFLINE   islesfan

islesfan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,652 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:18 AM

Welcome to the club. I've been fighting this battle since October with NHL Center Ice. My advice, get your hands on an old TiVo while you still can. That's the only way I have managed not to miss any Islanders games this season.

Sony Bravia 55"
HR20-700
HR21-700
HDMI
HP Touchsmart IQ 846 (Windows 8) for DirecTV2PC and Media Share

GenieGO

iPhone 4S

iPad

#7 OFFLINE   russdog

russdog

Godfather

• Registered
  • 453 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:20 AM

Welcome to the club. I've been fighting this battle since October with NHL Center Ice. My advice, get your hands on an old TiVo while you still can. That's the only way I have managed not to miss any Islanders games this season.

But actual brand-name TIVO's are all I've got! The same boxes that used to work just fine with MLB-EI don't anymore.

Does this make sense to anyone?

#8 OFFLINE   net17

net17

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 11:57 AM

The most frustrating thing is trying to get D* to do something about it. But it keeps getting ignored.

#9 OFFLINE   russdog

russdog

Godfather

• Registered
  • 453 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:15 PM

The most frustrating thing is trying to get D* to do something about it. But it keeps getting ignored.

I don't know who did what, or if maybe it's just magic gremlins in my TIVO, but today all-the-sudden my HD-TIVO seems to work a little bit better re: MLB-EI, but still not as well as it used to. It grabbed the O's-A's game today, and the Wishlist now sees some-but-not-all of the upcoming games. In one case, it can see the HD version of the game but not the SD version of the very same game. The box had reset itself overnight (I know only because I had to reprogram the 30-sec skip), so maybe something new got downloaded.

It's still not right like it used to be, but neither is completely blind to MLB-EI like it was just a day or two ago. Now, it's only partially blind. If something is being done to fix it, it would be nice if someone who knows something from D* could simply explain what's what. That would be a whole lot better than being in Frustration-ville in Mystery-land.

#10 OFFLINE   rkjg24

rkjg24

Legend

• Registered
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:36 PM

I'll look into it tomorrow. I have a friend that works for tech support.

As far as being frustrated about them not doing anything...I do apologize, but there's not much they can do at the call centers. There's a few of them all across the country. The only thing they can do is escalate it to the main broadcast center, which is completely seperate from the call centers.

#11 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:38 AM

Across the country? Sheesh - All I get is the Phillipines :(

DirecTV customer since 1996

#12 OFFLINE   net17

net17

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:40 AM

LAST NIGHT IT WORKED FOR THE FIRST TIME!!! I was able to Record the Yankees vs. D-Rays IN HD!!! I don't think I have ever been this excited for a product to work as advertised.

#13 OFFLINE   islesfan

islesfan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,652 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 25 April 2007 - 02:15 PM

But actual brand-name TIVO's are all I've got! The same boxes that used to work just fine with MLB-EI don't anymore.

Does this make sense to anyone?

Sorry, I just assumed this was a HR20 issue, since this is a known problem which they have been "working on" since October. I have NEVER had this problem with my TiVo, so I don't know what to tell you.

Sony Bravia 55"
HR20-700
HR21-700
HDMI
HP Touchsmart IQ 846 (Windows 8) for DirecTV2PC and Media Share

GenieGO

iPhone 4S

iPad

#14 OFFLINE   russdog

russdog

Godfather

• Registered
  • 453 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:40 AM

It seems that the HD-TIVO 250 is at a stable but unsatisfactory place re: MLB-EI. Wishlists recognize and record about half of the MLB-EI games it should. It sees about every-other game. So, it's not fully blind to MLB-EI but is about half-blind. Except for MLB-EI, it works fine in all other respects.

This faulty behavior is new. It always worked great with MLB-EI until earlier this month. For a few days, Wishlists could not recognize *any* MLB-EI games. Then it began its current behavior of recognizing some but not all of them.

Might it have been the 6.3d download that screwed things up? Or might it be something about the way that MLB-EI games are listed on the guide that the Wishlists consult? Does *anyone* have a clue? Is it only a few of us who encounter this?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...