Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

No Phone Line Connected Nag Message

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Stephen J

Stephen J

Legend

• Registered
  • 164 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 08:21 AM

Hi, I just upgraded from the 625 to the 622. I know that I have to pay a$5 fee since I don't have the receiver connected to a land line( I don't have a land line). The 625 never gave me a message every morning nagging me of this, however; the new 622 does. Anyone know how I can make the 622 stop doing this? Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   cclement

cclement

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 10:05 AM

You can call Dish and they can send a signal to the 622 via the satellite and the nag message will go away. That's what she did with my receiver.

#3 OFFLINE   Hunter Green

Hunter Green

Legend

• Registered
  • 209 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 10:44 AM

I never got the nag, I just started getting $5 on my bill. I'd rather be nagged.

#4 OFFLINE   BNUMM

BNUMM

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 04:55 PM

I never got the nag, I just started getting $5 on my bill. I'd rather be nagged.

You will be billed $5.00 either way. The nag message is because the installer (or customer for self install) did not tell Dish that it was not connected to a phone line. If it is connected to a phone line the receiver detects it and the message does not come on the screen.

#5 OFFLINE   Hunter Green

Hunter Green

Legend

• Registered
  • 209 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 08:35 AM

In my case, I did have a phone line when it was installed (though the installer plugged it into the Ethernet port instead of the phone jack, a problem I remedied once he left), and got rid of it many months later.

#6 OFFLINE   smackman

smackman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 430 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 09:19 AM

In my case, I did have a phone line when it was installed (though the installer plugged it into the Ethernet port instead of the phone jack, a problem I remedied once he left), and got rid of it many months later.

I have a Brother who was able to get the 5 dollar a month fee waived! This negotiation was done months ago. He has a landline but not in this particular room. The installer tried installing a wireless adapter and failed at doing it. The installer called and had Dish wave the fee. My Brother had the installer write on the initial contract that landline fee is waived! This was over a year ago.
Smackman THE KING OF SMACK: Dish Customer since 2000
VIP 722

spam firewall