Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Very Interesting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Dalek1963

Dalek1963

Legend

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 01:20 PM

Hi,
I find it very interesting how some complain that I don't get ______ local channel in hd, when some of us still have to have a second provider, like cable just to get sd local channels.
Donald E. Gosselin

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,563 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 21 April 2007 - 01:49 PM

OK.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#3 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,250 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 01:52 PM

Hi,
I find it very interesting how some complain that I don't get ______ local channel in hd, when some of us still have to have a second provider, like cable just to get sd local channels.

The good news is that in the filings with the FCC regarding the transition from News Corp. ownership to Liberty Media, DIRECTV reaffirmed their plan to have all 210 DMAs covered for local SD channels by some point in 2008 (don't think I saw a date within 2008.)

So your locals should be coming soon. (Ok soon is the wrong word...)

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#4 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 09:22 PM

Hi,

Really a remark was made about me not posting as much lately, but everything seems to be about HD. I don't have HD and it will probably be years before I do so that doesn't leave me much to post about :(

#5 OFFLINE   Ext 721

Ext 721

Icon

• Registered
  • 555 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:24 PM

Hi,

No matter how priveleged a person is, they do tend to yearn/whine for more... Just having a computer with internet sets you head and shoulders above what...75% of the people on the planet?

But want is a sticky bugger. Billionaires who can afford to buy small towns still yearn for more. As soon as someone else gets something we begin to feel...in a small way....entitled to the same thing.

It's not bad to want, but to feel entitled to something other than food, water, shelter,safety can be dangerous.
....Not Purchased.

#6 OFFLINE   islesfan

islesfan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,643 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:40 PM

No matter how priveleged a person is, they do tend to yearn/whine for more... Just having a computer with internet sets you head and shoulders above what...75% of the people on the planet?

But want is a sticky bugger. Billionaires who can afford to buy small towns still yearn for more. As soon as someone else gets something we begin to feel...in a small way....entitled to the same thing.

It's not bad to want, but to feel entitled to something other than food, water, shelter,safety can be dangerous.

Are you kidding? Want is the greatest driving force the human race knows! Want is why the United States leads the world. Without want, there is no progress. Unless you break the law in the name of want, no harm can come from it.

Sony Bravia 55"
HR20-700
HR21-700
HDMI
HP Touchsmart IQ 846 (Windows 8) for DirecTV2PC and Media Share

GenieGO

iPhone 4S

iPad

#7 OFFLINE   hambonewd

hambonewd

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:49 PM

i love food water shelter and safety

#8 OFFLINE   morgantown

morgantown

Icon

• Registered
  • 902 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 04:44 PM

i love food water shelter and safety

...and HD :).
DTV & NFLST since 97 at least, not looked back yet...

#9 OFFLINE   ApK

ApK

Icon

• Registered
  • 758 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 11:49 AM

"Poor man want to be rich, rich man want to be king, and the king ain't satisified until he rules everything." -- Bruce Springsteen

Good luck on that safety enititlement...let me know what cave on what planet you decide to hole up in.
Around here, you're entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Everything else, you'll have to work for.
;-)

spam firewall