Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

622 Video Setup Question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   msalvail

msalvail

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 11:14 PM

Hi Y'all! Hope someone can help. For the record, I am not a newbie to this forum AND I have searched the archives. :)

I have 2 622s, but got one a few weeks after the other and it's the problem. When they came to install the 2nd one, our TV was in the shop so we hooked it up with component cables to a small older TV. Well, tonight I tried to hook an LCD HD tv back up and the picture keeps going in and out, in and out. This is not the repaired TV but a brand new one.

First I connected is using HDMI and that's when this problem started. Remembering all the posts on here about the HDMI soldering problem, I pulled that cable out and then tried S Video. Finally, I tried the component cables the DISH installer left here, the very heavy ones with the RBG hookups. The video is STILL doing this.

The audio is fine...I am running optical audio from the 622 to my audio receiver.

Software version is 4.03

Any suggestions before I call E* and have them send out a replacement receiver?

Thanks!!
Mary
*E since '98: Dish 1000.2,VIP622, VIP722K
*D since 4/07 for MLB EI, HR-21

#2 OFFLINE   Ken Green

Ken Green

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 11:46 PM

Hi Y'all! Hope someone can help. For the record, I am not a newbie to this forum AND I have searched the archives. :)

I have 2 622s, but got one a few weeks after the other and it's the problem. When they came to install the 2nd one, our TV was in the shop so we hooked it up with component cables to a small older TV. Well, tonight I tried to hook an LCD HD tv back up and the picture keeps going in and out, in and out. This is not the repaired TV but a brand new one.

First I connected is using HDMI and that's when this problem started. Remembering all the posts on here about the HDMI soldering problem, I pulled that cable out and then tried S Video. Finally, I tried the component cables the DISH installer left here, the very heavy ones with the RBG hookups. The video is STILL doing this.

The audio is fine...I am running optical audio from the 622 to my audio receiver.

Software version is 4.03

Any suggestions before I call E* and have them send out a replacement receiver?

Thanks!!

Mary,
Did you check the resolution output? The factory default is set to 480i, which would have worked fine with your older CRT.
Menu >6 >8 needs to be set to 720p or 1080i for HD resolution.
ViP722 - ViP622² - ViP612 - ViP211 - 510
Slingbox SOLO
Dish 1000+ 110/118/119/129 - HD Locals/118w - DPP44²
EHDD - 750g/500g - Broadband via HomePlug
Sony 51" HDRPTV² - Dell 23" HD LCD - Sharp Aquos 17" HD LCD
OTA - Winegard HD9095P - 55 miles

#3 OFFLINE   msalvail

msalvail

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 06:44 AM

Mary,
Did you check the resolution output? The factory default is set to 480i, which would have worked fine with your older CRT.
Menu >6 >8 needs to be set to 720p or 1080i for HD resolution.

Yes, I tried both of those settings and still had the same problem. I also tried to do an HDMI reset but it didn't look like it did anything. I wonder if it's the TV since it has the problem no matter what component connection I use. It will stay on for about 15 seconds then go out for about 3 or 4, over and over and over.
Mary

#4 OFFLINE   epaul

epaul

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 07:01 AM

Yes, I tried both of those settings and still had the same problem. I also tried to do an HDMI reset but it didn't look like it did anything. I wonder if it's the TV since it has the problem no matter what component connection I use. It will stay on for about 15 seconds then go out for about 3 or 4, over and over and over.

Does it do the cutting out when you use a different device, like a dvd player ?

#5 OFFLINE   Ken Green

Ken Green

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 07:37 AM

Mary,
I figured you had already checked that. I know I find I sometimes miss the most obvious things.

Do you have another TV that is easy to get to, and connect to the 622 in question? Or move your LCD to the 622 you know is working?
ViP722 - ViP622² - ViP612 - ViP211 - 510
Slingbox SOLO
Dish 1000+ 110/118/119/129 - HD Locals/118w - DPP44²
EHDD - 750g/500g - Broadband via HomePlug
Sony 51" HDRPTV² - Dell 23" HD LCD - Sharp Aquos 17" HD LCD
OTA - Winegard HD9095P - 55 miles

#6 OFFLINE   msalvail

msalvail

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 02:57 PM

I have *D for Extra Innings but hadn't hooked that up yet. Did that and it's still cutting out. So, unless I have some cables terribly crossed, it's the TV. Thanks for the input. I am going to go exchange it and see how things go then.
Mary

spam firewall