Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

No MPEG4 or Severe Pixelation on All MPEG4 Channels, but SD/MPEG2 is OK

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
83 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,655 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 03:11 PM

I was able to fix it this afternoon. I had to move the dish a bit more to the west and now i'm getting signals in the 90's on all 5 sats!

:D :balloons: :new_smili :up: :up:
A.K.A VOS

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   timf

timf

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:58 PM

I have finally isolated my problem after discussing my situation with a coworker. One of my tuners is obviously broken when it comes to displaying MPEG-4 channels. In order to test it I did the following:

1. Tune around until you find a good MPEG-4 channel.
2. Press record to lock that tuner on that channel.
3. Tune to your other MPEG-4 channels. None of them should work (they all experience the problem).
4. Press record on one of the channels that is not working properly.
5. Return to the good channel you started the first recording on and stop that recording.
6. Tune to all of your MPEG-4 channels other than the one you are recording on the bad tuner. All of them should appear correctly (no glitches).

To further test the problem, I switched the input cables to make sure there was no problem with the line. The channel I was watching on the good tuner came back properly as before. Repeat the procedure listed above if you wish to completely test it. I'm going to be calling DIRECTV to get a replacement DVR.

#83 OFFLINE   sack9

sack9

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 09:00 PM

If the Dish isn't dithered properly than you may have more of one bird than another signal level on meter is not the greatest. I use my birdog meter to get my dishes set.
3 HR20-700 x34b 2 HR20-100 x34b
1 HR23-700 x34b
1 hr10-250
MediaShare on via wired RJ45 using TVersity
VOD = enabled
Dish Setup
CalAmp Ka/KU 5 on the roof
8-Channel SWM
1 Zinwell 6x8
Terk Antenna
7168/768 Qwest DSL
Directv Home Servies Lead Tech

#84 OFFLINE   jspiewak

jspiewak

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:18 AM

Just wanted to let everyone know after watching HD locals all weekend, I have not seen the problem again since the dish was replaced. Must have been a bad LNB on old dish, or as the tech said, condensation problems.

spam firewall