I was able to fix it this afternoon. I had to move the dish a bit more to the west and now i'm getting signals in the 90's on all 5 sats!
Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
No MPEG4 or Severe Pixelation on All MPEG4 Channels, but SD/MPEG2 is OK
Posted 11 May 2007 - 03:11 PM
Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:58 PM
1. Tune around until you find a good MPEG-4 channel.
2. Press record to lock that tuner on that channel.
3. Tune to your other MPEG-4 channels. None of them should work (they all experience the problem).
4. Press record on one of the channels that is not working properly.
5. Return to the good channel you started the first recording on and stop that recording.
6. Tune to all of your MPEG-4 channels other than the one you are recording on the bad tuner. All of them should appear correctly (no glitches).
To further test the problem, I switched the input cables to make sure there was no problem with the line. The channel I was watching on the good tuner came back properly as before. Repeat the procedure listed above if you wish to completely test it. I'm going to be calling DIRECTV to get a replacement DVR.
Posted 11 May 2007 - 09:00 PM
1 HR23-700 x34b
MediaShare on via wired RJ45 using TVersity
VOD = enabled
CalAmp Ka/KU 5 on the roof
1 Zinwell 6x8
7168/768 Qwest DSL
Directv Home Servies Lead Tech
Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:18 AM