Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

whne are all the direct tv hd channels commin?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   projectorguru

projectorguru

Godfather

• Registered
  • 469 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:26 AM

just checkin cuz I'm swithin to Direct from Dishnetwork, as soon as my contract is up this Spetember

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,245 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:29 AM

Should be arriving just about the time you are switching. Keep an eye on the June satellite launch threads, they are the very next milestone.

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#3 OFFLINE   morbid_fun

morbid_fun

Godfather

• Registered
  • 402 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:31 AM

just checkin cuz I'm swithin to Direct from Dishnetwork, as soon as my contract is up this Spetember

No specific date has been given. I only know that D* has stated they will have up to 100 by the end of the year. Their new satellite should be going up this summer.

#4 OFFLINE   projectorguru

projectorguru

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 469 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:16 AM

alright, thanx, I aminly switchin becase my cousin who lives next door has his locals in HD, and I don't with E*, and they said not likely either, and some other issues as well, but anyway, good to hear, Im all about HD!!!!

#5 OFFLINE   Ext 721

Ext 721

Icon

• Registered
  • 555 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 01:34 PM

I forsee shortages for those who get directv HD equipment immediately after the new channels go online.
They may not happen, D* may have enough of a reserve of HD units to cover the rush of equipment demand.
Somehow, I think demand will be too high. Some people are E* customers because E* offers the most HD....I expect 1/4 of them to "D*fect" quickly...but have no idea as to the number that will represent. Anyone have HD penetration stats from E*? I'd say at least 5% and as many as 30% of those who HAVE E*'s HD are this type of in-it-for-the-hd customer, an equal amount will be considering switching, but will wait-and-see.

so will the supply keep up with the demand?

Or will we see3 wait-lists for hr20's again?
....Not Purchased.

#6 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,903 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:06 PM

While there might be a migration of E* subs from D* IMHO it won't be as big as some think and not as quick. I think a lot of E* subs won't switch because they like the functionality of E*'s 622 over the HR20, unless D* adds a bunch more extra value features to it by then and it looses it's rep as the DVR that can't. You also have the subs that will look at the price difference and say they won't pay more for D*, just look at all the anger when the annual price increase comes how they hate paying an extra couple dollars per month. Then you have the E* subs that just hate D* and won't switch just because of the principle of the thing. Where you might see the big switch is the cable folks that don't really care about triple play or VOD and just want more HD programming for less cost. No matter what happens it should be an interesting 2nd half of the year.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

spam firewall