Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Daily Schedule Screen Deletions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Bob123

Bob123

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 11:24 AM

I just recently subscribed and have a DVR 625. I would like to delete and update the history/daily schedule screen. However, it would appear that you cannot do this for all past events. As a result, so far I have more than two weeks worth of past actions on this screen. Does it every update or ever clean itself out or no longer show past history?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser

Hall Of Fame

• Super Moderators
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:05 PM

Welcome to DBSTalk Bob123. I moved your thread over to the standard definition DVR forum where it will get the visibility of other 625 owners.

I personally do not have a 625, but I do have a 622. I know in the schedule screen you can not delete anything in the past, on my 622. They roll off over time. I think it only keeps something like 10 -14 days. I do however also have a history in my DVR screen and that can be cleared, again on my 622.
Rob

DISH Hopper, Hopper w/Sling, & Joey User

#3 OFFLINE   Bob123

Bob123

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:24 PM

Welcome to DBSTalk Bob123. I moved your thread over to the standard definition DVR forum where it will get the visibility of other 625 owners.

I personally do not have a 625, but I do have a 622. I know in the schedule screen you can not delete anything in the past, on my 622. They roll off over time. I think it only keeps something like 10 -14 days. I do however also have a history in my DVR screen and that can be cleared, again on my 622.

So, how do you clear the dvr history screen? This is different than the daily schedule screen and timer history?

Also, the 10 to 14 days is from the time the action or event took place I assume? Thanks for your help.

#4 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 05:07 PM

This is a part of the NBR software, if it were to be deleted right away and you were using NBR the receiver would keep recording the same episode of a program that was already recorded.

#5 OFFLINE   tnsprin

tnsprin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 07:57 AM

So, how do you clear the dvr history screen? This is different than the daily schedule screen and timer history?

Also, the 10 to 14 days is from the time the action or event took place I assume? Thanks for your help.

From my recordings (dvr,dvr), select history, clear all. But the timer history is not cleared.
Ex Dish subscriber
Fios TV subscriber on 3/8/10

Protected By... spam firewall...And...