Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Dallas v Vancouver in HD?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Maleman

Maleman

Icon

• Registered
  • 859 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:09 PM

I have the SD version of Versus on but is anyone getting this game in HD and if so what channel?

thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   pedro4868

pedro4868

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:32 PM

I have the SD version of Versus on but is anyone getting this game in HD and if so what channel?

thanks

Its scheduled for channel 95 in hd at 9:00
Go Blues.....

Westinghouse 37" LTV-37w2
Olevia 27'' hdtv
5 LNB Sat.
HR-20 700 (1)
H20 Receiver (1)

#3 OFFLINE   Hasek

Hasek

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:18 PM

Its scheduled for channel 95 in hd at 9:00

it's listed in my guide, but says channel not purchased. i have the hockey package and the hd package, sometimes directv pi$$es me off. I also get the game in SD on 608. wtf:confused:

#4 OFFLINE   MrSDHab

MrSDHab

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:37 PM

Was just on the phone with them…the CSR tried but couldn’t tell me any reason why the game isn’t on.
Not that I’m shocked by this…;)
Is this not 3 days in a row that the hockey games on channel 95 haven’t been in HD? (Sat and Sunday on but in 4:3 and tonight)
Anyone else?

#5 OFFLINE   orrelse

orrelse

Mentor

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:39 PM

This is ridiculous.

I'm so sick of the D* BS. Outright lies to customers.

I've got the 721 message on 95 and have been on the phone with the most clueless CSR ever. I've been on hold for 45 minutes. Missed the entire 2nd period of HD hockey because they can't get their act together.

This is such a tired act.

#6 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,482 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:39 PM

it's listed in my guide, but says channel not purchased. i have the hockey package and the hd package, sometimes directv pi$$es me off. I also get the game in SD on 608. wtf:confused:

It is not on yet because the Devil Ray/Yankee game is still going on. They had it on 95.

It should come on soon, game over. It was nice to see Slimebrenner's Yankees loose their 4th in a row, in HD.

H44-200 - Samsung 1080p 46" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Samsunbg 32" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Mitsubishi 1080p 57" DLP - HDMI - Pioneer Home Theater Sound

LG 20 LCD" & Viewsonic 17" HDTV LCD - Component via Cat 6 baluns from HR44-200
Slimline w/ SWM3 LNB. OTA master antenna system to all sets.

#7 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,482 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:41 PM

Hockey game is on now.

#8 OFFLINE   orrelse

orrelse

Mentor

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:43 PM

As soon as I say that it gets turned on with a minute left.

Thanks D*. :nono2:

#9 OFFLINE   Capsgirl44

Capsgirl44

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:48 PM

I also called because I had the 721 message; the CSR could not give me a reason why, other than their usual response of "sporting events are often blacked out." She had me reset my receiver, which I knew would not work but did anyway.

I guess my question would be, do the CSRs not have access to the program guide to see what is currently scheduled on various channels? I mean, if she could see that there was a baseball game on that channel, she could have told me that that was the reason I was getting the 721 message, since I don't yet subscribe to EI Superfan. That would at least make sense. But whenever I call them, it seems like they don't have access to that information since they are always asking me what is on the channel I'm having a problem with.

Oh well, game's on now--hooray!

Catherine, new to posting but frequent lurker

#10 OFFLINE   MrSDHab

MrSDHab

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:49 PM

[quote name='loudo']It is not on yet because the Devil Ray/Yankee game is still going on. They had it on 95.

It should come on soon, game over. It was nice to see Slimebrenner's Yankees loose their 4th in a row, in HD.[/QUOT

Whoops...there's the game....damn beer :grin:

#11 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,482 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:53 PM

I guess my question would be, do the CSRs not have access to the program guide to see what is currently scheduled on various channels? I mean, if she could see that there was a baseball game on that channel, she could have told me that that was the reason I was getting the 721 message, since I don't yet subscribe to EI Superfan. That would at least make sense. But whenever I call them, it seems like they don't have access to that information since they are always asking me what is on the channel I'm having a problem with.

I called during the regular season about a game I should have had and didn't. The CSR told me she was going to see if they had it, but had to go into another room, to see a TV screen, and put me on hold. It was 5 minutes before she came back on. So I think the answer to your question is no, they don't have access, to anything except the computer system.

#12 OFFLINE   Capsgirl44

Capsgirl44

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:01 PM

I called during the regular season about a game I should have had and didn't. The CSR told me she was going to see if they had it, but had to go into another room, to see a TV screen, and put me on hold. It was 5 minutes before she came back on. So I think the answer to your question is no, they don't have access, to anything except the computer system.

Thanks loudo; that's what I figured. Sure would be nice if they did have access though!

Catherine

#13 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,482 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:18 PM

I am wondering why the Devil Ray/Yankee game was even on 95. The telecast on 95 must have been a YES broadcast, as the Devil Rays local telecast was via OTA, in SD. But we still got the game in HD, on ESPN. Now if ESPN had it as a National game, no one would be eligible to receive the YES HD telecast, except for the YES Market, and they should have had it on 96 or 97. I am confused on this one.

Does anyone know if the 95 game was a YES telecast?

#14 OFFLINE   Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 07:03 AM

I believe they might have access to the internet from their computers and could see the listings that way. I also called once on a game I should have received but did not, while also voicing my displeasure that they advertised I would get Giants games in HD and hadn't seen a single one yet... He assured me that I would get GIants games in HD, just not THIS game, and proceeded to log onto the D* website and look through the TV listings for the next week or so... At which point he said "I don't see any Giants games in HD in the next 2 weeks, but I'm sure you'll get some!"

#15 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,407 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 07:37 AM

I also called because I had the 721 message; the CSR could not give me a reason why, other than their usual response of "sporting events are often blacked out." She had me reset my receiver, which I knew would not work but did anyway.

Oh well, game's on now--hooray!

Catherine, new to posting but frequent lurker

Of course they don't have that info - they're in the Phillipines for crying out loud!

In the old days, they'd tune to channel 95 and see what you're seeing.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but NewsCorp makes Hughes look good :mad:

DirecTV customer since 1996

#16 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,482 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:41 AM

Of course they don't have that info - they're in the Phillipines for crying out loud!

In the old days, they'd tune to channel 95 and see what you're seeing.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but NewsCorp makes Hughes look good :mad:

The girl that I talked to told me she was in, I think Alabama, or one of the states in that area. It was definitely in the US, because the game I was questioning she said should be available to them also, but wasn't. She did not have access to the TV and had to go in another room to see one. It ended up that game in question, no one was getting, because it had been coded as a PPV event and not a Center Ice event.

#17 OFFLINE   BigSey

BigSey

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 188 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:07 AM

I am wondering why the Devil Ray/Yankee game was even on 95. The telecast on 95 must have been a YES broadcast, as the Devil Rays local telecast was via OTA, in SD. But we still got the game in HD, on ESPN. Now if ESPN had it as a National game, no one would be eligible to receive the YES HD telecast, except for the YES Market, and they should have had it on 96 or 97. I am confused on this one.

Does anyone know if the 95 game was a YES telecast?

It was a YES telecast.

HR20-700
H20-100

#18 OFFLINE   Castlebill

Castlebill

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:13 AM

And you might ask why the game on 731 AND 95 (why am I paying for SF?) was the same as the game on ESPN HD - just plain stupid! Again!
HR21-200 HDMI to 50" Panasonic Plasma
HR20-700 to 50" Panasonic Plasma
HR21-700 to 26" Vizio
HR21-100 to 50" Panasonic Plasma and 2 SD sets
HR22-100 to 50" Panny and SD set
Slimline with Zinwell WB616

#19 OFFLINE   shmengie

shmengie

Godfather

• Registered
  • 359 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:15 AM

i've had my hr20 for just over 2 weeks, and so far, i've only seen hd hockey on nbc, with the exception of one sharks/preds game on 95. 2 weeks, and i'm already resigned to the fact that someone, somewhere is watching hd games but not me. this all makes sd blackout rules seem like minor fluff in comparison.

#20 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,482 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:23 AM

The whole thing is a mess now, because of the lack of bandwidth. Things are shown on schedules to be broadcast in HD, sometimes they are there, other times half the program is there and then cuts off part way through the show and other times like last night we had to wait for one event to finish to see the event we wanted to see. There has been no problem with local channels (96 & 97), just the national channels 94 & 95. D* is doing a great job with Panther, Lightning, Marlin and Devil Ray games that are available in HD, in this market, via local RSNs on 96 & 97.

I am sure once D* gets their two new birds up and running this problem will go away. Maybe by hockey season this fall we will have a lot of games on CI, in HD.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...