Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Dallas v Vancouver in HD?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   islesfan

islesfan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,643 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:49 PM

I believe they might have access to the internet from their computers and could see the listings that way. I also called once on a game I should have received but did not, while also voicing my displeasure that they advertised I would get Giants games in HD and hadn't seen a single one yet... He assured me that I would get GIants games in HD, just not THIS game, and proceeded to log onto the D* website and look through the TV listings for the next week or so... At which point he said "I don't see any Giants games in HD in the next 2 weeks, but I'm sure you'll get some!"

I don't know if you already know this, but the FSNBA HD feed is only available in a narrow area that is covered by the SPOT beam, which is basically downtown San Francisco. D* won't tell you this. I called as soon as I got the HR20 in October, since I was eagerly awaiting seeing the Isles v. Sharks in HD. Of course, I never saw Ch 96. D* told me the usual "not all games are in HD.." crap. It wasn't until I contacted FSNBA directly that they told me about the limited area. (I'm in Nevada).

The CSR's are completely useless. Next time you have a question, consult a Magic 8 Ball.

Sony Bravia 55"
HR20-700
HR21-700
HDMI
HP Touchsmart IQ 846 (Windows 8) for DirecTV2PC and Media Share

GenieGO

iPhone 4S

iPad

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   GlennDio

GlennDio

Icon

• Registered
  • 582 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 24 April 2007 - 06:36 PM

The whole thing is a mess now, because of the lack of bandwidth. Things are shown on schedules to be broadcast in HD, sometimes they are there, other times half the program is there and then cuts off part way through the show and other times like last night we had to wait for one event to finish to see the event we wanted to see. There has been no problem with local channels (96 & 97), just the national channels 94 & 95. D* is doing a great job with Panther, Lightning, Marlin and Devil Ray games that are available in HD, in this market, via local RSNs on 96 & 97.

I am sure once D* gets their two new birds up and running this problem will go away. Maybe by hockey season this fall we will have a lot of games on CI, in HD.

I live in Tampa and up to tionight I agree they have a done a good job locally .... but tonight should have been Drays on 96 and heat on 97 or visaversa and they screwed it up

spam firewall