Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New York Tampa Baty HD Game Screwed up

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   brucegrr

brucegrr

Icon

• Registered
  • 609 posts
  • LocationNey, Ohio

Posted 24 April 2007 - 05:57 PM

Another HD baseball game...........another comedy of errors.

Tonights comedy is filled with jerky video and the sound is out of synch with the video.

Someone please tell me it is going to get better? We do pay money for the privilege of watching these games.

I am the resident TV quality critic in my house. When my wife, who thinks every program looks great.............is spotting the problems with some of the baseball broadcasts, it tells me there is a real problem.

Bruce

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   GlennDio

GlennDio

Icon

• Registered
  • 583 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 24 April 2007 - 06:32 PM

I just got off the phone ....no clue .... and to top it off I am not getting the game on 97 (they have never had to use 97 in Tampa) but tonight the Heat game is on Sunsports on 96 and the drays should be on 97 and then when the 94 feed was bad I could just try 97 but no luck .... 2 hd feeds simultaneously seem to equal problems every single time!!!

#3 OFFLINE   bidger

bidger

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 08:41 PM

The Guide showed 3 channels the game was on in my area; channels 94, 730, and 731. I set up a recording on ch. 94 and when I got to watch, there's nothing there. I go to ch. 94 and it says "Not Available in Your Area", ditto for 730. 731 was just a black screen. Nice going D*.

Ceton 6 tuner eth, Cisco Tuning Adapter 1520, TWC Digital Explorer Pak and Standard Internet, TiVo HD (upgraded to 500 GB) for OTA,TC-P50U50, SONY NSZ-GT1 BD player and Google TV box, Yamaha RX-V373 A/V receiver, Squeezebox Duet music streaming device, Xbox 360 

#4 OFFLINE   SG24

SG24

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 08:43 PM

The Guide showed 3 channels the game was on in my area; channels 94, 730, and 731. I set up a recording on ch. 94 and when I got to watch, there's nothing there. I go to ch. 94 and it says "Not Available in Your Area", ditto for 730. 731 was just a black screen. Nice going D*.

In NY you probably had it on YES (622), no?
VT 4-16-07

#5 OFFLINE   mocciat

mocciat

Icon

• Registered
  • 650 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:27 PM

Another HD baseball game...........another comedy of errors.

Tonights comedy is filled with jerky video and the sound is out of synch with the video.

Someone please tell me it is going to get better? We do pay money for the privilege of watching these games.

I am the resident TV quality critic in my house. When my wife, who thinks every program looks great.............is spotting the problems with some of the baseball broadcasts, it tells me there is a real problem.

Bruce

I also noticed the jerky video on 730 very poor.

It was only on 730. I had 731 set to record because thats what was in the guide last night but nothing.

I have resorted to recording both SD and HD channels just to be sure. Not to mention duplicating the recordings on my other 2 HR20's and my R15.
Panasonic TH-50PX60U 50" Plasma
LG 23" LCD w/ DVD player
Vizio 20" LCD VX20L
HR20-700 (3)
R15
Slingbox AV
PureAV AP30800-10 - Home Theater Battery Backup with AVR Technology - 8 Outlet
Channel Master 4228

DirecTv Customer since 1996

#6 OFFLINE   Diana C

Diana C

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,817 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 25 April 2007 - 10:16 AM

This was clearly a problem with the EI retransmission in MPEG2, the version on YES-HD (MPEG4 on the NY Spot) was perfect.

#7 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 02:48 PM

They took the FSN Florida feed last night thats why you were blacked out.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#8 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,517 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 03:40 PM

This was clearly a problem with the EI retransmission in MPEG2, the version on YES-HD (MPEG4 on the NY Spot) was perfect.

Not relevant. The broadcast used (as DCSholtis mentioned) was FSN Florida, not YES. From what I can tell by talking with others today, this was a problem with the broadcast itself and not DirecTV (same issues were seen on other providers).

Doesn't make it any less frustrating. It was a poor excuse for a broadcast.

#9 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,517 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 03:46 PM

They took the FSN Florida feed last night thats why you were blacked out.

You know, I wonder if it would be possible for DirecTV to add the source of each broadcast on 94/95 (aka 730/731) to the guide details; i.e., which RSN will be used.

It would help people figure out whether they'll be able to see the game (or why they might be getting blacked out). At least the people who are reasonably clued-in to the blackout rules.

#10 OFFLINE   bidger

bidger

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 06:19 PM

You know, I wonder if it would be possible for DirecTV to add the source of each broadcast on 94/95 (aka 730/731) to the guide details; i.e., which RSN will be used.

It would help. Maybe I should have taken the clue that it was on ch. 94, but if it had said that it was a TB RSN brdcst. in the Guide, that would remove all doubt.

Ceton 6 tuner eth, Cisco Tuning Adapter 1520, TWC Digital Explorer Pak and Standard Internet, TiVo HD (upgraded to 500 GB) for OTA,TC-P50U50, SONY NSZ-GT1 BD player and Google TV box, Yamaha RX-V373 A/V receiver, Squeezebox Duet music streaming device, Xbox 360 

spam firewall