Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

also when are the new hd channels coming?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jwren

jwren

AllStar

• Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 08:53 PM

I would love an update on that?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   cnmsales

cnmsales

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:02 PM

Then you should probably check the main D* forum as this is a forum for CE items, and new HD channels arent CE.

#3 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:23 PM

Then you should probably check the main D* forum as this is a forum for CE items, and new HD channels arent CE.

Thread has been moved to the programming forum.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#4 OFFLINE   jwren

jwren

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:25 PM

Hi Earl, I just posted this in the other post...
maybe you could comment..

Well I was told there would be 150 new non-local channels (meaning only channels like hdtv, speed, etc...not networks in other states..) I was told this would be added this year and that they would start this process in spring 07. Well that is about to be yesterday and the satalights aren't even launched yet? ho humm,, just as I thought another empty promise from our friends at DTV...They need to start doing as they say and not as they do...

BTW: it wouldn't surprise me if when they do add a few more hd channels they try to charge me more money..that's just the way they are.. tell you you are paying so much now cause someday they will do this and that... and add this and that.. then it happens and they say but now we have to charge you x amount of dollars because look at what you get now... the prices just keep going up up up...

Thread has been moved to the programming forum.

#5 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,560 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 25 April 2007 - 12:56 AM

You'll find a lot of threads here with information and speculation about DirecTV's new HiDef channels.

A couple of things to keep in mind ....

* No new channels are coming until the new satellites are in place and operational, probably starting later this Summer
* Today there are not nearly 150 additional non-local HiDef channels .... DirecTV is just announcing that they will have the capacity for that many channels. You'll find many threads here discussing what channels might be offered first. Very little is likely to be officially announced until the satellites are ready to go live.
* You will need an H20 HD Receiver or HR20 HD DVR with a 5-LNB satellite dish to receive these new channels.
* We might see price increases for some of these additional channels. Is that really a surprise to anyone?
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#6 OFFLINE   mrudo

mrudo

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 06:44 AM

Not so fast guys. in 2005 DTV signed with Sea Launch to launch the new Satellite for Early 2007....that was before the failure of mission NSS-8.

Now they say they will be ready to return to launch in LATE 2007

Unless DTV hasQUICKLY contracted someone else to launch their KA satellite, they will most likely not be able to launch the new satellite by late summer...most likely to occur in the FALL 2007, and if delayed on repairs, possible 1Q 2008.

Yikes!!!

#7 OFFLINE   twaller

twaller

Legend

• Registered
  • 184 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:05 AM

Not so fast guys. in 2005 DTV signed with Sea Launch to launch the new Satellite for Early 2007....that was before the failure of mission NSS-8.

Now they say they will be ready to return to launch in LATE 2007

Unless DTV hasQUICKLY contracted someone else to launch their KA satellite, they will most likely not be able to launch the new satellite by late summer...most likely to occur in the FALL 2007, and if delayed on repairs, possible 1Q 2008.

Yikes!!!

Directv 10 is scheduled (as has been scheduled for quite some time) to launch from Khazakstan from ILS. This launch is scheduled for June.
D11 was a Sea Launch, and this may be delayed into 4Q '07 or 1Q '08.
D10 alone gives D* the ability to increase national HD to 100 Channels.

#8 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,250 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 12:28 PM

Directv 10 is scheduled (as has been scheduled for quite some time) to launch from Khazakstan from ILS. This launch is scheduled for June.
D11 was a Sea Launch, and this may be delayed into 4Q '07 or 1Q '08.
D10 alone gives D* the ability to increase national HD to 100 Channels.

What he said. Twaller is spot on. D11 has been re-scheduled for December, D10 has always been on ILS and is the next launch, currently expected in June (I'm thinking fairly early June to allow for the July 7 launch of Sirius 4.)

So its coming soon!

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

spam firewall