Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MSG Blackouts during Knicks and Rangers Games

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mike S 12

Mike S 12

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 02:57 PM

My first post and I'm hoping someone can explain this. I subscribed to Direct TV last October and I receive MSG network and receive all the programming until the Knicks and Rangers games are on. Then I get blacked out and I don't understand why. When I had cable I received the games no problem. I live in the 06716 area code which is in New Haven County in Connecticut. From all that I have read on MSG's page I should get it (they haven't responded to my inquiry). In fact the games are always blacked out - even if they supposed to be broadcast on other channels picking up the feed. I would appreciate any help you can give me. I've contacted Direct TV numerous times however I really have not received a satisfactory explanation from them. Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 04:32 PM

Per your zip code and info from the RSNs and Nielsens ratings/data, MSG is not in your market area. SNY, YES, NESN, Fox NE and Fox NY is. So, games are blacked out on MSG for you, sorry. But (I assume) since you subscribe to the Sports Pack or Premier, you get the channel sometimes.
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#3 OFFLINE   mocciat

mocciat

Icon

• Registered
  • 650 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 04:32 PM

where in Ct are you
Panasonic TH-50PX60U 50" Plasma
LG 23" LCD w/ DVD player
Vizio 20" LCD VX20L
HR20-700 (3)
R15
Slingbox AV
PureAV AP30800-10 - Home Theater Battery Backup with AVR Technology - 8 Outlet
Channel Master 4228

DirecTv Customer since 1996

#4 OFFLINE   mocciat

mocciat

Icon

• Registered
  • 650 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 04:34 PM

beat me to it
Panasonic TH-50PX60U 50" Plasma
LG 23" LCD w/ DVD player
Vizio 20" LCD VX20L
HR20-700 (3)
R15
Slingbox AV
PureAV AP30800-10 - Home Theater Battery Backup with AVR Technology - 8 Outlet
Channel Master 4228

DirecTv Customer since 1996

#5 OFFLINE   Mike S 12

Mike S 12

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:30 PM

Per your zip code and info from the RSNs and Nielsens ratings/data, MSG is not in your market area. SNY, YES, NESN, Fox NE and Fox NY is. So, games are blacked out on MSG for you, sorry. But (I assume) since you subscribe to the Sports Pack or Premier, you get the channel sometimes.

Thanks very much. I do subscribe to the sports pak and I do get MSG, except when the games are on. And yes I do get the other channels you listed. Where did you get this info from? Thanks again.

#6 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:36 PM

Same place you'd get it. From DTV. Any CSR can look this up on the phone.

BTW, if you have HD, you should be getting YES in HD... :D

:welcome_s
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#7 OFFLINE   Mike S 12

Mike S 12

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:46 PM

Same place you'd get it. From DTV. Any CSR can look this up on the phone.

BTW, if you have HD, you should be getting YES in HD... :D

:welcome_s

Yes I have ........ YES in HD. Those ARod homers look sweet in HD! SNY also was just added. I love HD and am generally very happy with Direct TV outside of this little MSG issue. But I'll deal with it. Again - thanks for your help.

#8 OFFLINE   raoul5788

raoul5788

• Registered
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:35 PM

It makes no sense to me that you don't get MSG. I am in Cheshire, one town away, in the same county and same dma and I get it.

#9 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:03 PM

It makes no sense to me that you don't get MSG. I am in Cheshire, one town away, in the same county and same dma and I get it.

Strange. Just out of morbid curiosity, which one of you is closer to NYC? MSG may claim your ZIP, but not Mike's.
DISH 625 dvr

#10 OFFLINE   raoul5788

raoul5788

• Registered
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 04:26 AM

Strange. Just out of morbid curiosity, which one of you is closer to NYC? MSG may claim your ZIP, but not Mike's.

I am in Cheshire, but only by a few miles. In fact, some of Wolcott is closer than some of Cheshire.

#11 OFFLINE   garn9173

garn9173

Icon

• Registered
  • 516 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 07:15 AM

Thanks very much. I do subscribe to the sports pak and I do get MSG, except when the games are on. And yes I do get the other channels you listed. Where did you get this info from? Thanks again.

http://www.directv.c...ssetId=P3000004

Type in your zip code and it'll bring up all of the RSN's assigned to your area.
DirecTV R15 receiver and 2 plain jane's
Xtra (included in Xtra are the Cubs, White Sox, Bulls, Blackhawks, Blues, Cardnails, and Royals)
NFL Sunday Ticket for free in 2012
Dish Network (February 2002-August 2005)
Mediacom (August 2005-1/27/07)
DirecTV (1/27-07 - ???)

spam firewall