Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
Dying UHF Remote?
Posted 27 April 2007 - 02:06 AM
Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:06 AM
Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:48 AM
Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:09 PM
Posted 27 April 2007 - 01:36 PM
A new antenna arrived this morning from Dish... it appears to have solved the problem. Both UHF remotes (the original and the new one) are working just fine now. Time will tell...
Great, was that an antenna and 10db that worked or just the antenna?
Posted 27 April 2007 - 03:47 PM
Dish's tech support folks have been very helpful throughout this drill. I just hope this will be a long-term fix.
Posted 01 May 2007 - 07:23 PM
The new antenna seemed to help, but the problems returned late in the day. I suspected one of two things...
1. The receiver got warm (no issues with Remote 1)
2. Atmospheric issues with UHF signals. We live in an area with lots of strange electronics stuff going on. (See my above posts).
The new attenuator arrived today and it seems to have helped the problem... again, I'm going to wait before I claim the problem solved.
Dish tech support has been great in trying to get this issue solved...