Jump to content


Welcome to DBSTalk


Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends
 
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Dying UHF Remote?


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   vintage

vintage

    New Member

  • Registered
  • 2 posts
Joined: Apr 27, 2007

Posted 27 April 2007 - 02:06 AM

I had service set up 2 weeks ago with a 622. TV2 worked great for a week then the remote would periodically fail to communicate with the receiver. Even when I was right in front of the receiver. As this became more fequent I used tips from this forum to try to help including switching to B range, changing the address, pigtail ect. Nothing helped. Now tonight I have had one brief moment of communications between the remote and the receiver but otherwise nada. Has anyone seen this before?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Wildman63

Wildman63

    Mentor

  • Registered
  • 46 posts
Joined: Dec 23, 2006

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:06 AM

I had problems similar to yours. Finally had Dish send me a new remote. It works marginally better, but is still not as reliable as I would like. I'm expecting a 10dB attenuator in the mail. I posted here a few days ago. We have some interesting environmental issues here on Whidbey Island.

#3 OFFLINE   mgs24

mgs24

    AllStar

  • Registered
  • 49 posts
Joined: Dec 07, 2002

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:48 AM

My remotes have always worked fine both UHF for TV1 and TV2. Since the last software update it has been hit and miss. I figured if it was a software issue I would have read more about it here. But can't figure out why I am have problems now. Any other having problems since last update?

Mike

#4 OFFLINE   Wildman63

Wildman63

    Mentor

  • Registered
  • 46 posts
Joined: Dec 23, 2006

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:09 PM

A new antenna arrived this morning from Dish... it appears to have solved the problem. Both UHF remotes (the original and the new one) are working just fine now. Time will tell...

#5 OFFLINE   vintage

vintage

    New Member

  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts
Joined: Apr 27, 2007

Posted 27 April 2007 - 01:36 PM

A new antenna arrived this morning from Dish... it appears to have solved the problem. Both UHF remotes (the original and the new one) are working just fine now. Time will tell...


Great, was that an antenna and 10db that worked or just the antenna?

#6 OFFLINE   Wildman63

Wildman63

    Mentor

  • Registered
  • 46 posts
Joined: Dec 23, 2006

Posted 27 April 2007 - 03:47 PM

It was just the new antenna... the attenuator hasn't arrived yet. FWIW I had removed and re-installed the original antenna a couple of times with no change.

Dish's tech support folks have been very helpful throughout this drill. I just hope this will be a long-term fix.

#7 OFFLINE   Wildman63

Wildman63

    Mentor

  • Registered
  • 46 posts
Joined: Dec 23, 2006

Posted 01 May 2007 - 07:23 PM

I've encountered continuing problems with Remote 2 despite a new remote and a new antenna.

The new antenna seemed to help, but the problems returned late in the day. I suspected one of two things...

1. The receiver got warm (no issues with Remote 1)
2. Atmospheric issues with UHF signals. We live in an area with lots of strange electronics stuff going on. (See my above posts).

The new attenuator arrived today and it seems to have helped the problem... again, I'm going to wait before I claim the problem solved.

Dish tech support has been great in trying to get this issue solved...




Protected By... spam firewall...And...