Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

kwtv 9 (CBS) in OKC live

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mike_augie

mike_augie

You call I haul..

• Registered
  • 309 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 07:01 AM

KWTV in HD is now on for the OKC market was on this morning when I got up.....now if we can just get KFOR 4 (nbc) to get going all would be good
(2) Hr 20-700
HR 20-100
Phillips tivo
D-11
AU-9.
SWM 8 channel

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   markrubi

markrubi

Icon

• Registered
  • 692 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 09:21 AM

I emailed CH 4, but no reply. I doubt I will be getting one. My next attempt will be a phone call to the station.

#3 OFFLINE   Newshawk

Newshawk

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 12:09 PM

Sincer I didn't get my HR20 installed yet (rescheduled to next Wednesday), does anybody know if KOTV is also live on the satellite?

DIRECTV employee April 2004-November 2012.
The above comments are my own because I don't know if anyone would care about my opinions anymore.

#4 OFFLINE   markrubi

markrubi

Icon

• Registered
  • 692 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 12:38 PM

Sincer I didn't get my HR20 installed yet (rescheduled to next Wednesday), does anybody know if KOTV is also live on the satellite?

Nope.. You can check this url. http://directv.com/D...equestid=205404

#5 OFFLINE   Newshawk

Newshawk

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 01:27 PM

I had checked it before posting. I don't have any expectations of those pages being updated before Monday, if the channels were just turned on today. They don't even show KWTV as bing provided yet.

The above comments are my own because I don't know if anyone would care about my opinions anymore.

#6 OFFLINE   nocaster

nocaster

Legend

• Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 10:16 AM

In case you guys haven't seen it.

http://www.hdtvok.com

KFOR's lack of concern for HDTV is well documented and discussed on this site.

#7 OFFLINE   TheMoose

TheMoose

Icon

• Registered
  • 763 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 02 May 2007 - 12:25 AM

KOTV Channel 6 (CBS) in Tulsa is up now.

"Racing is . . . . . . . . Life . . . . . . . Everything before & after is just waiting"

#8 OFFLINE   caeboy

caeboy

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:41 AM

In case you guys haven't seen it.

http://www.hdtvok.com

KFOR's lack of concern for HDTV is well documented and discussed on this site.

Based on the amount of time that KFOR keeps their digital singnal in SD mode for weather, I would question if it really is an HD channel. I would suggest DirecTV put language in the contract with KFOR that requires KFOR to present all NBC HD content in HD or they do not get any money for from DirecTV

That maybe the only way to get KFOR from switching to SD every time there is a cloud somewhere in Oklahoma!!!!!

#9 OFFLINE   Newshawk

Newshawk

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:10 PM

KOTV Channel 6 (CBS) in Tulsa is up now.

Thanks, Moose... and I pushed the install back to Saturday because of the rain that was supposed to be here today... I feel as if the skies were mocking me all afternoon! :grrr:

spam firewall