Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Raleigh Local HD satelite

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tripperc

tripperc

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 05:10 PM

Which satelite delivers HD for the local channels in area code 27502 (Apex, NC)? I've looked at lyngsat but cannot find my channels.

I spent an hour with customer support yesterday and they're sending me 2 new b-band converters. (I doubt it will fix anything as I do not receive the channels with or without them) I was not receiving 2 local HD channels yesterday. Today I don't have any and the weather is perfect.

101 in the 90's
110 in the 80's
119 highest is 77
99 highest is 86
103 highest is 15

Thanks for any info.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   hobbes

hobbes

Godfather

• Registered
  • 289 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 05:23 PM

Tripper-

Per this link, Raleigh DMA for HD is on the 103 Sat

http://www.dbstalk.c...TV_LIL_DMA.html

I'm in Durham, 27713, and seeing the same problem.

I had all HD locals go out last night (Friday, 4/28) before 10 (don't know exactly when, just know Numb3rs recorded blank).

They came back up on Saturday morning, but when I checked around 4:30 pm, nothing. I'm still without HD locals at 7:15 pm.

I thought maybe my dish blew out of alignment-been kind of windy today and my signal strengths on 103 have not been strong since installation (except transponder 17 - that is usually at 85).

But now I wonder if there is something else going on.

- HR20-700 to Samsung DLP S5687W via Audio/Video Conx: HDMI; DECA to router
- HR21-200 to Samsung LCD LN37B650 via Audio/Video Conx: HDMI; DECA to router; Slingbox Pro via Conx: Component
- Slimline3, SWM-8 with 4-way DirecTV installed splitter, ~50' RG-6 Dish to SWM.
- HR20-700 Setup: Native - On; Network - Yes; eSata - No; OTA - No. CID - No.
- HR21-200 Setup: Native - On; Network - Yes; eSata - No; OTA - No. CID - No.

#3 OFFLINE   tripperc

tripperc

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 06:14 PM

Thanks Hobbes. Originally I was only missing Chan 50 and 22 in HD. Working with support yesterday I believe responder 17 on sat 103 was reading 45, the other 5 responders at 0 or 25. Right now 103/17 is reading 0 and I am not getting any local HD's. Oh well. I guess it's back to customer support in the morning. Thanks again............

#4 OFFLINE   tripperc

tripperc

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:54 PM

After the problems last week-end with the satelite were fixed, I was still getting some occasional pixelation on the HD locals. The signal strength on 103 was still about 20. I called again and the support rep said it should be at least 80 and she was sending someone out to look at the problem. The DTV guy came this morning and said 20 was good on 103 for this area. He said he would pay for support reps flight to Raleigh if she thought she could get 80. Bottom line he attempted to tweak and screwed up 119. He said the roof line was blocking the signal and put up a new dish about 15 feet higher on the roof. My newest maxium readings on the signal strength are:
101 - 100
110 - 92
119 - 100
99 - 94
103 - 89

I'm a happy camper. Bottom line: Be persistent, eventually they'll come around to your way of thinking. Thanks for all the advice on this board. Without it, I'd still be pixallating and sleeping on the couch...............

Protected By... spam firewall...And...