Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New install - 2nd tuner doesn't work - 5x8 mulitswitch

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   John4924

John4924

Icon

• Registered
  • 606 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 06:04 AM

I got my replacement receiver last night and it fixed the problem. I can now record two things at once. The only problem is they sent me a refurbished HR20-700. I guess I can deal with it though because there's probably not much I can do.

So now once I get the correct 6x8 switch installed this weekend I'll be all set.

1. Refurbished = works :D
2. New = don't work :nono:

I had the same experience as you and am glad I got to option 1 after the experience of option 2...:)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   skaeight

skaeight

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 516 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 06:09 AM

Yeah, I probably could call them back and ask for a different one. Especially since they told me they'd send me a new one because I'm within the 30 day window, but at this point I just want to use my dual tuner HDDVR.

#43 OFFLINE   pierce3381

pierce3381

AllStar

• Registered
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 11:39 AM

not sure if i missed it in one of the posts but what brand 5X8 do you have? All 5X8's I've seen only pass the KU band and not the KA band. the ones we carry are Perfect Vision and while they are 54-2150MHz it is in the KU band only. yuo will however see some signal on the 103 and 99. I believe this is due to bleedover kinda like when you hook up a single LNB to a large dish and get a signal for 119 and 110. It will show you signal but the LNB (or switch in your case) cannot switch the frequencies for your receiver. the 6X8's are 250MHz to 2150MHz Ka/Ku bands. I actually have some extra 6x8's if you'd like one. I'm not doing anything with them.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...