I'm not sure how to get some wiring work done on my house and thought I'd post my question to you dbstalk experts...
- Outside - We recently put an addition on our house and need the new room hooked up to satellite (the wiring is already in the wall) and also need the dishes reattached to the house and the outside wiring cleaned up a bit.
- Inside DTV - We're changing the mirroring and configuration around a bit inside the house and need some help determining the best way to do that.
- Phone Line - In at least one room we need the phone line moved from one side of the room to the other for the receiver.
- We have 2 Directv HD DVRs and 1 Tivo Directv DVR
- We've got the new big HD-capable dish and one older dish that runs the SD Tivo just fine.
Who we we have do all this work? Including helping us plan the best way to do it all and what, if any, additional hardware we'll need. Can Directv really help with that? They offered a free install for someone to come out and put the dishes back and then consult with us on any "custom" work. I assume that means Ironwood again - when we added the most recent dish and 2nd HD DVR we noticed that Ironwood wasn't real helpful when it came to planning and sorting out the best way to wire throughout the house - I basically had to explain mirroring and come up with a way to do it through the attic. We have a mess of wires hanging off the side of our house and everything exposed to the elements. I'm a little dubious and want this done in a way that looks and works reasonable well for the money.
Seems like there's got to be a way to get good, reasonably price help with this. Are there people we can hire to do the plan and the work including remounting the dishes, any interior wiring, phone line move, etc.? We live just north of Seattle if you happen to know anyone local.
All suggestions welcome!