Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone else's HR20 drop Stargate Atlantis Last Fri?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   y_not

y_not

Legend

• Registered
  • 185 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 10:11 PM

I was wondering if this happened to anyone else?
Possible, causes, etc..

I got home late Sunday night, and noticed the HR20 didn't record Stargate Atlantis Friday Night, it got SG-1, but no Atlantis.
I looked through the history, and found no sign of it!

Fortunately it was on my trusty SD TiVo, so no huge deal, but hey what'd we do without our trusty TiVo's?

BTW. Still running 0x14B as I wasn't around the weekend 14f came out. *Drat*
Receiving: AT9 Dish | Twin RG6 2 Home Runs all properly grounded.
HR20 Config:
Ver. 0x0254 | 1080i, 720p & 480p | Native ON | Dolby Digital ON | No OTA | Networked for VOD | Sleeps in standby when no in use

Display: Mitsubishi 65" WD-65731 1080p Rear Proj. DLP - Connected via HDMI.
Audio: Samsung HT-Q70 connected via RCA 2chan. | Toslink Optical | Dolby Digital/Pro Logic II | 5.1
Other Equipment:
Phillips Recorder DVDR77 - Progressive Scan - via Component | DirecTiVo SD40 via S-Video

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   PoitNarf

PoitNarf

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 10:15 PM

I noticed the same thing when I was checking my ToDo list earlier last week. SG-1 was set to record and both SG-1 and Atlantis were scheduled for next Friday, but Atlantis was missing from this Friday on my ToDo list. I manually set Atlantis set to record just in case it didn't do it on it's own. I'm glad I did now. It was probably a guide error.

#3 OFFLINE   pgfitzgerald

pgfitzgerald

Godfather

• Registered
  • 270 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 10:16 PM

Yep, me too. Luckily, I caught the second showing that night.

Paul
Family Room: DIRECTV HR24-500 [HDMI] SAMSUNG 56" HDTV (HL-S5687W) [eSATA] Antec MX-1 + WD20EVDS
Master Bedroom: DIRECTV H21-200 [HDMI] VIZIO 37" HDTV (VO370M)
Office: DIRECTV D12-300 [S-Video] Toshiba 14" SDTV (14AF43)
Equipment & Wiring: DIRECTV Slimline-3S (SWM), Belden RG6/U Coax (7915A)

#4 OFFLINE   Calebrot

Calebrot

Legend

• Registered
  • 229 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 10:40 PM

Yeah me too
R15-500
HR20-700
AT-9 Dish

#5 OFFLINE   D*HR-20

D*HR-20

Legend

• Registered
  • 229 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 10:41 PM

Yes, people had trouble with recording Stargate: Atlantis last week. A thread was even posted about it. http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=86450

It had to do with Sci-Fi entering the wrong original air date into the data sent to our guides. So, the episode was not considered a first run even though it was.

#6 OFFLINE   y_not

y_not

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 185 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 12:38 AM

Yes, people had trouble with recording Stargate: Atlantis last week. A thread was even posted about it. http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=86450

It had to do with Sci-Fi entering the wrong original air date into the data sent to our guides. So, the episode was not considered a first run even though it was.

Well, my TiVo got it, so DTV still has work to do in my book!
Receiving: AT9 Dish | Twin RG6 2 Home Runs all properly grounded.
HR20 Config:
Ver. 0x0254 | 1080i, 720p & 480p | Native ON | Dolby Digital ON | No OTA | Networked for VOD | Sleeps in standby when no in use

Display: Mitsubishi 65" WD-65731 1080p Rear Proj. DLP - Connected via HDMI.
Audio: Samsung HT-Q70 connected via RCA 2chan. | Toslink Optical | Dolby Digital/Pro Logic II | 5.1
Other Equipment:
Phillips Recorder DVDR77 - Progressive Scan - via Component | DirecTiVo SD40 via S-Video

#7 OFFLINE   redfiver

redfiver

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 560 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 01:03 AM

Do you have the Tivo set to record all episodes, or just First Run? It only won't record if you have the SeasonPass / SeriesLink set to record only First Runs.

#8 OFFLINE   R8ders2K

R8ders2K

Godfather

• Registered
  • 452 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 01:49 AM

My ReplayTV, which controls a H20 in the bedroom, recorded it without any problem.

Click this link for specifics on my setup. SWM 16 installed.

Setup Apple AirPort Extreme #1 for DIRECTV Network Services.

Setup Apple AirPort Extreme #2 for static IP addresses on your home network.

#9 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt...&a

• Registered
  • 5,239 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 03:58 AM

My HR20 recorded SG-A as scheduled. I have CE14f. I had SG-A set up to record all epi since Sept. when I first got the HR20.
I did have to delete the SG-A marathon that was on Monday from my "to do" list (I think it was scheduled for Monday) because of disc space.
Thanks to Google search, people can appear to be smarter than they really are.

#10 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 05:52 AM

As noted in the other thread....
Not all TiVo's where as lucky as yours...

There is only so much that can be done... when the source data is incorrect... (Aka SCI-FI says it is not a first run)... what are you going to do...
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#11 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt...&a

• Registered
  • 5,239 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:42 AM

There is only so much that can be done... when the source data is incorrect... (Aka SCI-FI says it is not a first run)... what are you going to do...

Implement one of the multitudes of work-arounds to make the HR20 perform like it should...."Record all".
Works for me.

:rolleyes:
Thanks to Google search, people can appear to be smarter than they really are.

#12 OFFLINE   ChrisMinCT

ChrisMinCT

Legend

• Registered
  • 193 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 08:32 AM

I was wondering if this happened to anyone else?
Possible, causes, etc..

I got home late Sunday night, and noticed the HR20 didn't record Stargate Atlantis Friday Night, it got SG-1, but no Atlantis.
I looked through the history, and found no sign of it!

Fortunately it was on my trusty SD TiVo, so no huge deal, but hey what'd we do without our trusty TiVo's?

BTW. Still running 0x14B as I wasn't around the weekend 14f came out. *Drat*

Yup, the HR20 bombed out on Atlantis, but did record SG-1. Luckily for me, my other HR20 died last week so I had to put one of my DirecTiVo Series 2s back in service. It recorded Atlantis.

Both units were setup the same - first runs only.
(1) HR20-700, (2) HR23-700+AM21 Native/Original=On * Toshiba 57HM167 (HR20-HDMI, Cat5) * Olevia 427V (HR23-HDMI, 802.11N) * Sharp Aquos LC32LE700UN (HR23-HDMI, Cat5) * AT9 (5) LNBs

#13 OFFLINE   ChrisMinCT

ChrisMinCT

Legend

• Registered
  • 193 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 08:40 AM

Earl - if that is true, then why did my Series2 DirecTiVo record it? It was/is setup for First Runs only too. What's the difference here? I really want to understand that. Is it a difference in guide data between the two systems, or is it the firmware? My Series2 has been setup for about a month, and it didn't record any of the reruns in that same timeslot. Its only picked up the new ones. If you review my previous posts you'll see that this is EXACTLY why I put my Series2 back in service last month. To make sure I didn't miss any of the last 10 Stargate episodes. (The wife tormented me for doing this, but now she's thanking me!! Vindication is a beautiful thing)
(1) HR20-700, (2) HR23-700+AM21 Native/Original=On * Toshiba 57HM167 (HR20-HDMI, Cat5) * Olevia 427V (HR23-HDMI, 802.11N) * Sharp Aquos LC32LE700UN (HR23-HDMI, Cat5) * AT9 (5) LNBs

#14 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 08:47 AM

Earl - if that is true, then why did my Series2 DirecTiVo record it? It was/is setup for First Runs only too. What's the difference here? I really want to understand that. Is it a difference in guide data between the two systems, or is it the firmware? My Series2 has been setup for about a month, and it didn't record any of the reruns in that same timeslot. Its only picked up the new ones. If you review my previous posts you'll see that this is EXACTLY why I put my Series2 back in service last month. To make sure I didn't miss any of the last 10 Stargate episodes. (The wife tormented me for doing this, but now she's thanking me!! Vindication is a beautiful thing)

As I said... some did... some didn't.

My R10 didn't, my brother-in-laws SA (which is piggied back on Dish Network didn't), and my neighboor down the street, his S3 didn't.

How do I know? As I have made two DVD's for them with the episode, as they called to ask if I had it.

This isn't... and shouldn't be a : TiVo did it and the HR20 fubared it... and I am not making it that.
Bottom line is: The guide data was messed for it... and for what ever reasons, it did not correct it self on some systems... and did on on others... in time for the recording.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#15 OFFLINE   TomMac

TomMac

Legend

• Registered
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 08:54 AM

Yup, my HR20 did not record Stargate Atlantis either. I was able to hit the record button and get the last 45 minutes. My Scifi buddy almost had a heart attack.

#16 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 09:12 AM

Earl - if that is true,

Uh, yea, it's true. Did you go to the link provided? This was originally posted on the Tivo Forum in the season pass alert section. Because...well....Tivo's didn't have it scheduled either. Now it's possible that a guide data update came down late Friday and some Tivo's got the update but many did not.

Guide data errors effect ALL DVRs.

And as I posted before, Sci-Fi is *famous* for screwing this up when the Stargate series returns and it's been a problem for over 5 years now because Sci-Fi messes up the original air dates. One season of SG-1 we all had to change our season passes on the Tivo's to record both repeats and first run because SciFi wouldn't correct the guide data. Search the Tivo forum archives if you wish for details.

#17 OFFLINE   Calebrot

Calebrot

Legend

• Registered
  • 229 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 10:28 AM

Uh, yea, it's true. Did you go to the link provided? This was originally posted on the Tivo Forum in the season pass alert section. Because...well....Tivo's didn't have it scheduled either. Now it's possible that a guide data update came down late Friday and some Tivo's got the update but many did not.

Guide data errors effect ALL DVRs.

And as I posted before, Sci-Fi is *famous* for screwing this up when the Stargate series returns and it's been a problem for over 5 years now because Sci-Fi messes up the original air dates. One season of SG-1 we all had to change our season passes on the Tivo's to record both repeats and first run because SciFi wouldn't correct the guide data. Search the Tivo forum archives if you wish for details.

How true about the mess in the past. I had nightmares on the R15 and then the HR20 with the Stargate series recording 16 times a week even though they were only first run once a week. At least SciFi is getting better in their guide programming. A mistake here and there is excussable. The recording 16 times a week and creating conflicts with other programs is not. Fortunately I was on SciFi channels at the time of the missed recording so it was in the buffer.
R15-500
HR20-700
AT-9 Dish

#18 OFFLINE   ChrisMinCT

ChrisMinCT

Legend

• Registered
  • 193 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 01:03 PM

One season of SG-1 we all had to change our season passes on the Tivo's to record both repeats and first run because SciFi wouldn't correct the guide data. Search the Tivo forum archives if you wish for details.

I remember that now that you mention it. We missed two episodes that didn't record, and changed our recording for a while to time & channel.

I was just trying to figure out why one DVR would and one wouldn't when both were configured the same. Not to look for blame, but just to understand what the source of the difference was. I assumed, and maybe incorrectly, that the HR20 and the Series2 used the same guide data.

And I'm not whining about the HR20 here. As I said here, the Series2s missed some Stargates a few seasons back. And we're Stargate fanatics, so it was a traumatic time, to be sure.

spam firewall