Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

May 5th New Install Programming Q

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ericpd

ericpd

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 11:44 AM

My new install is scheduled for this coming Saturday (May 5th). I'm getting the Plus HD DVR package and noticed that instead of getting HBO, Cinemax & Showtime free for 3 months, I'm getting basically ALL premium channels (the premiere pack) free for 2 months. Nothing was said about the 1 year protection plan free, and no mention of the free portable DVD coupon either.

1. Should I call and make certain there isn't a mistake on the 2 mos vs 3 mos promo?

2. Should I be concerned about a DVD coupon not showing up or the omission of the 1 year protection plan at no cost?

Just would like some feedback before calling.

They did give me a $50 credit designed to bring the price of the 2nd SD DVR down from $99 to $49 because rebates could appy to ONLY ONE receiver,... the HR20! My one last concern is that I was charged $19.95, but I've that that charge is free. I need to call these people before they get here. The Question is, what's the best way to approach these concerns.

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,540 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:03 PM

I think the customer promos did change starting May 1. You might be able to take advantage of the previous promotion. Certainly give DirecTV a call.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#3 OFFLINE   ericpd

ericpd

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:56 PM

I think the customer promos did change starting May 1. You might be able to take advantage of the previous promotion. Certainly give DirecTV a call.

Thanks much for the advice. I think I'll give them a call shortly.

#4 OFFLINE   morbid_fun

morbid_fun

Godfather

• Registered
  • 402 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 02:22 PM

My new install is scheduled for this coming Saturday (May 5th). I'm getting the Plus HD DVR package and noticed that instead of getting HBO, Cinemax & Showtime free for 3 months, I'm getting basically ALL premium channels (the premiere pack) free for 2 months. Nothing was said about the 1 year protection plan free, and no mention of the free portable DVD coupon either.

1. Should I call and make certain there isn't a mistake on the 2 mos vs 3 mos promo?

2. Should I be concerned about a DVD coupon not showing up or the omission of the 1 year protection plan at no cost?

Just would like some feedback before calling.

They did give me a $50 credit designed to bring the price of the 2nd SD DVR down from $99 to $49 because rebates could appy to ONLY ONE receiver,... the HR20! My one last concern is that I was charged $19.95, but I've that that charge is free. I need to call these people before they get here. The Question is, what's the best way to approach these concerns.

Thanks

The DVD promotion usually shows up with the order confirmation letter. If you do not want to wait, visit www.directv.com/freegift

#5 OFFLINE   ericpd

ericpd

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 03:56 PM

The DVD promotion usually shows up with the order confirmation letter. If you do not want to wait, visit www.directv.com/freegift

Thanks morbid_fun. But it's kinda funny, in "Step1" it says original form ONLY, dubplicated forms will be rejected! LOL! Got a chuckle outta that. I don't mind waiting as long as I don't start pushing the 6/30/07 postmark deadline.

I called in,... got my $20.00 credit for the Shipping & Handling they charged to my CC yesterday. They ended up tacking on an extra month to the premium channel promo,... every premium movie channel including the sports pack free for 3 months as opposed to just HBO, Cinemax & Showtime for three months. I can live with that. So I guess I'm straight. Now if I could just figure out a way to get an HR20-100b in here. Every component in my rack is black (glossy Pioneer elite stuff), so the black HR20 would be a winner. Yeah right, good luck on that one.

And since this is the programming section,... am I to understand that I will automatically receive sports programming for my area without having to purchase the sports pack option? My understanding is that purchasing the sports pack gets you ALL of the sports programming from different areas, but programming from your area is included in the base package. Specifically, in my area I'm hoping I'll receive Comcast SportNet Mid-Atlantic, MASN, & MASN2! I mean it would be nice to watch the sport channel equivs from Detriot, SF, Pittsburg and other regions, but I'd had to HAVE to buy into that in order to see my region's sports programming.

#6 OFFLINE   morbid_fun

morbid_fun

Godfather

• Registered
  • 402 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 10:37 PM

Thanks morbid_fun. But it's kinda funny, in "Step1" it says original form ONLY, dubplicated forms will be rejected! LOL! Got a chuckle outta that. I don't mind waiting as long as I don't start pushing the 6/30/07 postmark deadline.

I called in,... got my $20.00 credit for the Shipping & Handling they charged to my CC yesterday. They ended up tacking on an extra month to the premium channel promo,... every premium movie channel including the sports pack free for 3 months as opposed to just HBO, Cinemax & Showtime for three months. I can live with that. So I guess I'm straight. Now if I could just figure out a way to get an HR20-100b in here. Every component in my rack is black (glossy Pioneer elite stuff), so the black HR20 would be a winner. Yeah right, good luck on that one.

And since this is the programming section,... am I to understand that I will automatically receive sports programming for my area without having to purchase the sports pack option? My understanding is that purchasing the sports pack gets you ALL of the sports programming from different areas, but programming from your area is included in the base package. Specifically, in my area I'm hoping I'll receive Comcast SportNet Mid-Atlantic, MASN, & MASN2! I mean it would be nice to watch the sport channel equivs from Detriot, SF, Pittsburg and other regions, but I'd had to HAVE to buy into that in order to see my region's sports programming.

In regards to sports programming, go here: http://www.directv.c...ssetId=P3000004 and type in your zip code. This will let you know what regional sports network is included in your package and the pro teams you can see. The sports subscriptions like MLB Innings are for all the out of market teams. The sports pack will give you all other specialty networks and RSN's, but only with college and other 'sports', no pros.

Speaking of the HR20 black version, I would love to have one as well. I have one of the first Elite televisions and a nice Def Tec surround system to match. The black HR20 would be a sweet complement to the system. I wish you the best in finding one.

spam firewall