Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
New HR20-100s installed, some questions.
Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:02 PM
Q1 - Did I read correctly in another post that the OTA chip in this is not as good as the HR10 I upgraded from? The reason I ask is my local HD channels OTA aren’t coming in as strong as they had. We do have a lot of trees, etc in our neighborhood and HD oTA has been a challenge, but The two channels I averaged between 65% and 85% signal are now down to 35% and the ones I had less than 65% are not coming in. A couple others that I had 90% show as nearly 100% now though.
Q2 – Is the HR20-100b –“b” in particular designate black? If so how can I get one? This is what came with the installer and when I ordered it I asked if there was a black unit available and customer service said they don’t exist.
Q3 – Will these things burn in over time, like a pair of speakers or audio equipment and sound and look beter?
As stated before I went from an HR10 that I had been using for about 2 years. The first thing I noticed on the HR20, was the graphics/ text in the menu are slightly blurred and the picture is rather faded on all channels. HD doesn’t look as good, even with Sharpness cut up, the picture seems almost like watching through a thin film. The Clariton commercial comes to mind. My third question may make more sense now.
Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:12 PM
2. There was a limited production run of black HR20's. Getting one is purely luck of the draw, and we've been told there won't be more (at least at this time).
3. Are you using the same type of connection (hdmi or component)? Try using the other (whichever it happens to be). You should not expect to see a change over time (as it burns in).
Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:36 AM