Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Pitcure format on HD OTA

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   eichenberg

eichenberg

Legend

• Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:42 AM

Hi all, I am new to the 622. Came over from Direct TV. We got it installed about 2 weeks ago and have had no problems up until last night. While watching a recorded HD OTA program (Bones) after ff through commericals, and returning to the program the picture format looked as if it was being zoomed in. Actors faces would take up the whole screen. It never returned to normal. I ended up pressing the stop button and exiting out of the recorded program and watching live then going immediatly back in and resumed watching the recorded program. When I would resume the picture was back to a normal picture. This happened a couple of times and each time I would stop o to live tv and then resume playback and it would be fixed. It also, would only happen after ff through commericals. If I left it play through a commercial it was fine. I watched a recorded show just prior to that and it was fine with that one. Did not watch anything after Bones though to see if it happened again. Any idea what is going on?
Vizio SV470XVT1A
Yamaha RX-V663 DD 7.1
Dishnetwork
Vip 722k
DP 625
Soon to be Hopper/Joey System
PS3
Wii

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   loves2watch

loves2watch

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 08:26 AM

Have you tried skipping (using the skip forward/skip back buttons on the remote) commercials rather than just fast forwarding through them? Do you have a TIVO or anything else connected through the TV line from the antenna?
Anthem, Conrad Johnson, Dish Network/JVC, Dynaudio, Infinity, Integra, JL Audio, Klipsch, Magnepan, Marantz, Martin Logan, Onkyo, Oppo, Outlaw Audio, Panasonic, Paradigm, REL, Sumiko, SVSound, and Toshiba are the brands equipment I currently use. I have owned/used and tested equipment made by just about any manufacturer you can name.

#3 OFFLINE   eichenberg

eichenberg

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:42 PM

Have you tried skipping (using the skip forward/skip back buttons on the remote) commercials rather than just fast forwarding through them? Do you have a TIVO or anything else connected through the TV line from the antenna?

Nothing else connected. Straight from the antenna to the 622. As far as the skipping feature, I am using a Harmony 670 remote and can not figure out how to get the skipping to work so we just use the ff button.
Vizio SV470XVT1A
Yamaha RX-V663 DD 7.1
Dishnetwork
Vip 722k
DP 625
PS3
Wii

#4 OFFLINE   sNEIRBO

sNEIRBO

Icon

• Registered
  • 521 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:56 PM

Sounds like some of the commands are not setup correctly on the Harmony Remote. The FF might be triggering a zoom function. Try running the 622 for a couple of nights using the provided DISH Network remote and see if it continues.

I have a Harmony Xbox remote that controls my entire system . . . well almost my entire system . . . for some reason I can't it to do what it's supposed to with my Yamaha Receiver. You might try updating the remote too, just to make sure it's got the last command list from Logitech.
DirecTV HR20-700 & R15
Apple iPhone & iPod Shuffle
Sirius Stiletto & Sirius in-dash Mercury Mariner

#5 OFFLINE   loves2watch

loves2watch

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:59 AM

I use a harmony 659 remote (which is pretty much the same) as well. I did have to customize it though so that the skip fwd and skip back were on buttons that I assigned. If you are unsure how to do this, call harmony remote technical support and they will be glad to help you.
Anthem, Conrad Johnson, Dish Network/JVC, Dynaudio, Infinity, Integra, JL Audio, Klipsch, Magnepan, Marantz, Martin Logan, Onkyo, Oppo, Outlaw Audio, Panasonic, Paradigm, REL, Sumiko, SVSound, and Toshiba are the brands equipment I currently use. I have owned/used and tested equipment made by just about any manufacturer you can name.

#6 OFFLINE   eichenberg

eichenberg

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:17 AM

I use a harmony 659 remote (which is pretty much the same) as well. I did have to customize it though so that the skip fwd and skip back were on buttons that I assigned. If you are unsure how to do this, call harmony remote technical support and they will be glad to help you.

I will have to call support becuase I have tried to "train" the 670 and i get a message that those features are not learnable.
Vizio SV470XVT1A
Yamaha RX-V663 DD 7.1
Dishnetwork
Vip 722k
DP 625
PS3
Wii

#7 OFFLINE   gizmotoy

gizmotoy

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:34 PM

I will have to call support becuase I have tried to "train" the 670 and i get a message that those features are not learnable.

You shouldn't need to learn those commands. I have the Harmony 550, but the device database is the same across all their remotes. I just set the Skip Forward and Skip Backwards DVD chapter controls to PVR - Replay, and PVR - Advance in my Watch TV activity. You may have not realized those functions were already there as for some reason they're not named as they are on the original remote.

Replay is, of course, skip back, and Advance skips forward.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...