Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Thinking of upgrading to 622 few Q's

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   drzoo2

drzoo2

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 08:56 PM

Here's my current setup. I have a 510 PVR and a standard receiver sitting next to each other on my main TV. This is for pip. I have a coax running to another TV from the PVR in another room with the dish RF remote. I use a universal for the two receivers on the main. This let me have two independent TV's while still having my pip work on my main TV. Anyway on to the question which is mainly about the remotes.

I am going to replace the PVR with the 622 and disconnect the standard receiver. 1 to rule them all. While running in dual mode, I was going to split the coax running to the second TV and feed it back to the main for pip.

In dual mode can TV2 be controlled from remote 1 and still use remote 2 for tv2?

I know. Long winded just to ask a simple question but it helps if you know were I'm getting at.

z

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ken Green

Ken Green

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:46 PM

In dual mode can TV2 be controlled from remote 1 and still use remote 2 for tv2?

In dual-mode, remote 1 (TV1) can never control TV2 functions.

I'm not fully clear on your question, but I hope that provides enough of an answer. :)
ViP722 - ViP622² - ViP612 - ViP211 - 510
Slingbox SOLO
Dish 1000+ 110/118/119/129 - HD Locals/118w - DPP44²
EHDD - 750g/500g - Broadband via HomePlug
Sony 51" HDRPTV² - Dell 23" HD LCD - Sharp Aquos 17" HD LCD
OTA - Winegard HD9095P - 55 miles

spam firewall