Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Phone call from Dish Eng; screeech reboot

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SMosher

SMosher

Godfather

• Registered
  • 455 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 08:02 PM

Ok ... So I've spent my wheels on this 'screeeeeeeeech black screen reboot' issue and decided that I can no longer deal with this unit and its time to call dish and have them do something about it instead of asking when there will be a fix out.

I got the call center in Virginia and she explained she was and advanced TS rep and will handle this known issue. She explained that she could send my info on up the chain about it. I not for a second didn't doubt anything she was telling me and we went forward.

She said "it would be best to replace the unit as it sits cause they had no clue what was causing this issue." Just like us here at DBSTalk.Com. Keep in mind this conversation is on May 5th 2007 about 5pm.

Sunday (today) rolls around and I'm out at my kids baseball tournament and Dish Eng called on my cell phone. They want me to send the unit to another address in Colorado and they will cover the cost via call tag. No big deal to me at this time. I call Dish back and its all legit.

Thanks Dish ... Can I have my MLB EI now so I can dump D*.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   lakebum431

lakebum431

Icon

• Registered
  • 615 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:41 PM

Glad to hear they are taking care of you.

spam firewall