Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Do you get Guide Errors too?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:02 PM

In the last couple of weeks, my wife has demonstrated several "Guide" errors on various, different channels.

For example, the Guide shows a certain movie on the channel, but the actual movie is a completely different title. And it's not just limited to movies either - seems like the Guide information really gets clobbered sometimes.

Anyone else seeing this kind of error? I find it hard to believe that it would be a problem unique to any given receiver or DVR.

Let's see if we get any other responses.........

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mganga

mganga

Godfather

• Registered
  • 250 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:43 PM

yes.

#3 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:06 PM

yes.

Examples? System?
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#4 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:07 PM

In the last couple of weeks, my wife has demonstrated several "Guide" errors on various, different channels.

For example, the Guide shows a certain movie on the channel, but the actual movie is a completely different title. And it's not just limited to movies either - seems like the Guide information really gets clobbered sometimes.

Anyone else seeing this kind of error? I find it hard to believe that it would be a problem unique to any given receiver or DVR.

Let's see if we get any other responses.........

What system? What Channels? What shows?

Certain channels are very bad at keeping their changes in sync and it takes weeks sometimes for them to get the correct data through (NICK is one of those channels)
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#5 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,573 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:38 PM

Don't you just love it when a question is asked, but the details are lacking?

I have not seen anything like the OP poses. But, then I may not be watching the same channels.
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#6 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:45 PM

Yeah, yeah -- Not much foresight on my part, eh?

Anyway, we now have a log and pencil on the counter, and we're doing some homework on the past issues.

We'll get you some definitive fodder to work with. And no, Nick was not one of the Guide error channels for us.

--more to come--

#7 OFFLINE   rsteinfe

rsteinfe

Legend

• Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:27 AM

I'm a long-time lurker who has a guide situation.

Since the Buffalo locals were about to become available, I had D* come out on April 10 to install a 5 lnb slimline dish and replace my old RCA/TIVO DVR with an HR-20. No problems with the install, everything working well.

The Buffalo DMA gets YES and SNY, among other RSN's. About 2 weeks after the install, YESH and SNYH showed up. (I'm not a big baseball fan, but I love showing baseball broadcasts to friends who aren't convinced that HD is that much better than SD and watching their jaws drop!)

Ever since SNYH showed up on my system, the guide shows SNYH in the far-left ID block, but the guide info is identical to the Soap Opera Channel (262). If there's a Mets game on SNY, I can click on the "General Hospital" entry in the SNYH guide and get the HD version of the game, so it's not causing a real problem for me. I've tried RBR and also unplugging the DVR for 30 minutes. No change.

My other two receivers on the system are older RCA SD units, so I can't use them to have a look at the SNYH guide from a different receiver.

#8 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:29 AM

I know last week someone posted the ESPN and ESPN2 showed the same thing in the guide and one of them was showing something different then what the guide said. I did see it but I don't remember what the guide said and what show was really playing.

#9 OFFLINE   mganga

mganga

Godfather

• Registered
  • 250 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 12:14 PM

Examples? System?

MLB EI on HR-20.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...